Remove, Caller-ID, Display ID Info

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Remove, Caller-ID, Display ID Info

Postby Nefariousparity » Wed May 06, 2020 12:10 am

http://prntscr.com/sbodhz

Please review screen shot and give me a idea on how to remove that or change. sendrpid=no in sip.conf or carrier account entry do nossing?

Thank you.
|| DB Schema Version: 1609 || Asterisk 11.25.1-vici || BUILD: 190902-0839 ||VERSION: 2.14-718a||SVN: 3133||10xTelephony||1x Database||1x Slave||1x Web||1x Archive||ViciBox v.8.0.1
Nefariousparity

Re: Remove, Caller-ID, Display ID Info

Postby williamconley » Wed May 06, 2020 11:21 am

Caller ID Name has been covered in hundreds of posts. SendRPID is an asterisk function and will have much more detail outside the Vicidial forum if you want to try to separate it from the caller ID name information.

Summary: Loopback will allow a 2nd call to be generated by Vicidial (Vicidial will call itself and automatically generate a 2nd call).

Details/Quick: The Caller ID Name is an absolute requirement in Vicidial, the code in that field is used to track and control the call. No way around that. So if you require changing that CID name, you require a 2nd call independent of Vicidial to do so. The loopback method allows you to generate that second call. Alternately you can pass the call through a 2nd server (sip gateway, another asterisk server, whatever) and that 2nd call will have an independent CID name which you can control without breaking Vicidial.

For in-depth discussion on the topic, see any of the previuos hundreds of posts in this forum. Look up "set caller id name in vicidial" and/or "loopback".
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Remove, Caller-ID, Display ID Info

Postby Nefariousparity » Thu May 07, 2020 12:10 am

I ask, because I looked and did not find a satisfying answer. On my switch, I can put "BLANK" and potentially block this. This is something I recently was told with a large provider the other day.

"ok super - yes the caller ID is still the same, but carriers are catching on to the SIP Name info coming from dialers and certain ones are shutting down calls before they even reach the terminating party

so the field is the SIP DISPLAY INFO - not the FROM or the REMOTE PARTY ID - neither of which we need changed, only the SIP DISPLAY INFO - which is typically a calling party NAME for like office / PBX environment - but on the PSTN, the CNAM is pulled at the last mile by the LEC for that called number, so the SIP DISPLAY INFO is really useless in the PSTN applications, generally anyway. Canada is a bit different there, since no CNAM database exists in Canada, they do pull the SIP DISPLAY INFO header for calling party name info."

"but the bigger issue here is that carriers are starting to detect these long names with SIP DISPLAY INFO - they stand out like a sore thumb - and they know its a dialer generated call just by seeing that info header"

We already have Stir/Shaken, and now I see this. As always thank you for the response William.
|| DB Schema Version: 1609 || Asterisk 11.25.1-vici || BUILD: 190902-0839 ||VERSION: 2.14-718a||SVN: 3133||10xTelephony||1x Database||1x Slave||1x Web||1x Archive||ViciBox v.8.0.1
Nefariousparity

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo