Vicidial on Cloud

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial on Cloud

Postby earl663 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:45 am

Hi,

I was planning on migrating my Vicidial Server(standalone setup) on Cloud. How many cores should I put on a single cloud for it work properly?
earl663

Re: Vicidial on Cloud

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 am

earl663 wrote:Hi,

I was planning on migrating my Vicidial Server(standalone setup) on Cloud. How many cores should I put on a single cloud for it work properly?

1) This is not an offer to pay someone for their services. Please read the stickies for any forum board before posting on that board (the "Requests for Consultation" board is reserved for those attempting to Hire, not free support, and requires that you state as much clearly). I have moved this thread to Support where it belongs. 8-)

2) VIRTUAL Vicidial is a bad idea. CLOUD is often virtualized, but not necessarily. So be sure the service you acquire is a physical piece of hardware and not a "VPS" or anything else virtualized. Plenty of conversation on that topic (google virtual vicidial and read a few, lol).

3) The Vicidial Manager's Manual, available Free on EFLO.net's store, contains scaling information. Size and components are dependent entirely on usage. Considerations include (but are NOT limited to): maximum number of simultaneous ... live agents, outbound calls, inbound calls, recording calls, answering machine detections, codec translations and web interactions.

4) Our standard servers (generally good for 10-25 agents, depending on usage) have 4 cores, 2G RAM, 150G HD and are 2.3+Ghz. My advice is to start there and work your way up.

5) Seriously consider leasing a system from Vicihost.com: They are undeniably the best host (as they OWN the software and actively manage it at all times). Also consider my employer: Poundteam.com. I'm a little partial to us for obvious reasons. Once you have a properly hosted Vicidial system you not only don't have to worry about Hardware but you also don't have to worry about the OS or software packages to keep Vicidial running. Cloud facilities will be of no help in that regard.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby WeSupportVICIdial » Thu May 16, 2019 4:37 pm

We offer a Vicidial updated interface hosted on the cloud. We also give you a dedicated server with our program for hosting and offer support before and after implementation.
Selena Locke
Phone: 214-484-0587
www.eTollFree.net

VICIdial Hosting and Support 20+ Years/ VoIP Cloud Phone System /Bult-in CRM with AMD / Implementation & On-Going Assistance
WeSupportVICIdial

Postby williamconley » Thu May 16, 2019 4:47 pm

WeSupportVICIdial wrote:We offer a Vicidial updated interface hosted on the cloud...

I don't suppose you could be a little more clear of what that is? Perhaps a screenshot ...?
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 pm

They are using VICIdial code altered by another company several years ago and they have refused to send us the altered code, in violation of the AGPLv2 license. We sued them, and won, and we've been trying to force them to send the code to us since then.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 pm

mflorell wrote:They are using VICIdial code altered by another company several years ago and they have refused to send us the altered code, in violation of the AGPLv2 license. We sued them, and won, and we've been trying to force them to send the code to us since then.

Do ... YOU have a screenshot from the lawsuit?
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Here's their copyright page, you can see they've forked from a 2015 version of the VICIdial code:

mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Yeah, we got one that was worlds different than that. Although it was geared towards the Agent screen instead of the Management screen. (I mean, who cares about the screen the managers see, anyway? lol)
williamconley

Postby lasthuman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:42 am

Well, vicidial works perfectly for me on VPS or Virtual platforms, I have been using with cloud environments, scaling more to 100 agents and working great and more than 2 years running!
Omar Aparicio
https://co.linkedin.com/in/oaparicioit
Vicidial - Goautodial - Asterisk Consultant.
Colombia.
lasthuman

Postby SPAMSAM » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:56 pm

lasthuman wrote:Well, vicidial works perfectly for me on VPS or Virtual platforms, I have been using with cloud environments, scaling more to 100 agents and working great and more than 2 years running!

Same here. Cloud and proud. It's perfectly stable with minimal resources.

I'm still kind of in the dark on what the terms would be of offering it as a cloud-based service.
SPAMSAM

Return to Support