Make an outbound call

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Make an outbound call

Postby andu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 am

I am new to VICIdial. I have installed VICIdial in a virtualbox and added extensions and connecting with softphone and use VICIdial interface from browser after entering with ip address of vicidial installed in my virtual box.
Now I want to make calls in a real phone number.I have seen that there is needed to setup a trunk,but couldn't find something that will make calls for numbers that have Slovenia prefix.So how to make an outbound call using Vicidial?
(from my softphone to call in my mobile number)
andu

Re: Make an outbound call

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You will need a carrier (VOIP Telephone Company) to make calls. That carrier will have details regarding the "dial string" you need to send to them to successfully call within any country (including yours). That information, combined with the general Vicidial Carrier Configuration (in the Manual) will allow you to use Vicidial to make calls. But remember: Vicidial is based on Asterisk. So Asterisk is actually making the call. Vicidial has some slight adjustments/requirements for calls to work in the autodial system.

First: Find a VOIP Telco that will allow you to make calls in Slovenia.

Second: Get their instructions for dial string requirements.

Third: Post their instructions here if you can't make that work on your own and we'll show you how to make the necessary adjustments to the generic Vicidial Carrier entries.

4) Many Vicidial Professionals charge very little ($25US?) for "non-emergency" Carrier configuration.

5) Please be sure that when you launch you handle two very important needs:
* More than one carrier. If your carrier "goes down", and you don't have a second (or third?) carrier: You're out of business. Awkward and unprofessional.
* Do not try to use Vicidial in a Virtual system in production for more than one agent or more than two or three phone calls (best to stick to one agent on one call). Virtual Vicidial is great for testing and development. NOT for production.

6) If you have not already done so: Start at the beginning of the Vicidial Manager's Manual. Seriously: Page One. Don't skip anything. When you hit a snag, bring the Version/Page/Line and what went wrong. Include your configuration options, what you expected to happen, and what really happened. And someone will usually be happy to help you work through the rest of the exercise. By the time you get to the end, everything will be working as it should. If you skip around, however, you may spend weeks trying to make it happen. Of course, you'll learn a lot, lol. And DO NOT fear the reinstall. Start over two or three times. It's free and it will prove to you that Vicidial is easier every time you start over. You'll become much more familiar with Vicidial and being comfortable with this technology helps you sleep at night when your production goes Live. 8-)

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Make an outbound call

Postby andu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:47 am

Vicidial version : 2.14-687a
Build: 180908-1618 ; Asterisk version: 11.25.1-vici
Vicibox_v8.x86_64-8.0.1.iso file ,installed on a virtual box(openSUSE 64 bit)
No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation .
For creating a carrier I have pennyconnect trunk.How to configure it,I have no idea?
andu

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial