Audio Problem

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Audio Problem

Postby hansg » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with one of my agent PC's. When the agent logs in, The softphone is called and I can answer the connecting call but there is no ringing noise and also can't hear conf-onlyperson.gsm even though my asterisk CLI is telling me it has been played. There is no audio on any calls after this point either.

I would automatically assume that the problem was firewall/network related.

The strange thing is, I have 8 other agents all connected up the exact same way on the same network and they all have no problems. With this PC I can also connect up to my other Vicidial setup with no problems. the only problem is connecting to this particular server. I have also changed the Phone and user Accounts for avoidance of doubt.
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Re: Audio Problem

Postby MJCoate » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Does the problem follow if the agent uses a different computer?
Mike Coate | VICIdial Technical Support Staff
MJCoate

Re: Audio Problem

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:50 pm

hansg wrote:... 8 other agents all connected up the exact same way on the same network ...

I know you don't want to hear this: But obviously something is different. Experiment with every difference until you get lucky. For instance: Swap IPs. Swap the physical location of the computers themselves if necessary.

If all else fails, of course, you can try some SIP debugging and/or some network packet sniffing. That gets a bit deep, but ultimately will result in success if you can't find it by taking potshots at it. Those audio network packets are either not leaving, not arriving, or being ignored.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support