New for vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

New for vicidial

Postby VignesVici » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:35 am

Hi I am new for vicidial already I am working in vicidial only but I know only basic things, where would I get all commands and their details and I search lot in online but I not get any details please guide me
VignesVici

Re: New for vicidial

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am

1) The Vicidial Manager's Manual is available on EFLO.net. Paid and Free versions are available. The Free version has everything you need to get up and running and learn the basics of Vicidial. The Paid version has a couple hundred extra pages of deeper feature configuration options that *will* come in handy as you figure out the power of this system.

2) Assuming you installed with Vicibox.com's iso installer: /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/docs has very good information in it.

3) /usr/share/astguiclient has many perl scripts in it. They can be executed with "--help" as a command line option to get the options for their use. They can also be edited, many have notes at the top and throughout to help understand their usage.

4) /srv/www/htdocs/vicidial and htdocs/agc both have files in them, many of which are not obvious in their usage but will have notes in the top of them to assist you in understanding (many also have corresponding entries in docs mentioned earlier)

5) When you (eventually) request support on the Support forum of this board: Be sure to always list your Vicidial Version with Build. You can also include your SVN revision level if you know it. You should also include your Vicidial Install Method with Version (such as Vicibox 7.0.4 ...?).

6) "crontab -e" has many entries and some notes in it. Some of the entries are commented out, but can be activated by uncommenting them. Most (all?) are in the /usr/share/astguiclient folder mentioned earlier. Understanding which scripts run at which times and why is useful training.

7) "screen -list" shows several running screens. Those are the actual vicidial core running in each dialer to manage calls. The scripts running in these screens, once again, are in the /usr/share/astguiclient folder mentioned earlier. Many of these store their logs in /var/log/astguiclient.

8) Welcome to the Party! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby VignesVici » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:18 am

Thank you so much now I got some idea about that and I want to know how extension. Conf would be work in pri and sip some examples please
VignesVici

Postby williamconley » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 am

VignesVici wrote:Thank you so much now I got some idea about that and I want to know how extension. Conf would be work in pri and sip some examples please

extensions.conf has examples for PRI configuration. They are commented out.

But mostly: This is an Asterisk question. The Asterisk community is HUGE by comparison to Vicidial. The Vicidial system will use any trunk/extension/account that can be configured in Asterisk. So if the PRI examples in extensions.conf don't work for you, or you require assistance in configuring the PRI itself, look to the Asterisk community. There are plenty of previous examples here on this forum as well

While these are specific to hardware purchased by Vicidial users, the configuration method is fairly standardized within each hardware manufacturer (Sangoma vs Digium).

Note that if you require assistance with a specific piece of hardware, you should post the request on the support board and be sure to include the model/make/etc of the hardware in question (in addition to your Vicidial and Installer Revision Levels with Build and Version number for each).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion