Integration with CRM

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Integration with CRM

Postby bghayad » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello;

vicibox 7.0.3, vicidial 2.12-15, Build 160508-0139, asterisk 11.22.0-vici, Single Machine

Other than Start Call URL: is there a method to integrate with the CRM?
What about Knowlarity Integration?
Or, is there CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)?
Or, API's or (something like APIs) that can be embedded inside the CRM to have something same as the Agent Desktop (having Ready, Paused, Hangup ... etc) but to be part of the customer page in the CRM?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Integration with CRM

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes, VICIdial has some standard HTTP GET functions triggered by events, such as: Start Call URL, Dispo Call Url, No-Agent URL, New Lead URL
There are also the Agent API and the Non-Agent API which can allow an external system to send requests to VICIdial.
We also more recently added Agent HTTP Push Events, which can send every agent event as an HTTP Push data feed to your CRM.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bghayad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 am

We also more recently added Agent HTTP Push Events, which can send every agent event as an HTTP Push data feed to your CRM.

Using Agent HTTP Push Events, I can send the caller number when the call just reach to the agent?
Is there link for these Agent HTTP Push Events?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby mflorell » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Start Call URL will do that to. But as for the documentation on Agent HTTP Push events, here it is:
http://vicidial.org/docs/AGENT_EVENTS_PUSH.txt
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bghayad » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:40 pm

One more thing which is important:
I have ERP (which contains CRM), and offer web service methods, so the question is:
Is it possible to fetch the customer data for each call using this web service which returns the required data as variables and display the result on the vicidial agent desktop?
The advantage of using this web service is the ability to get the latest balance which keep varying from time to time.
If possible, then how?
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:09 pm

bghayad wrote:One more thing which is important:
I have ERP (which contains CRM), and offer web service methods, so the question is:
Is it possible to fetch the customer data for each call using this web service which returns the required data as variables and display the result on the vicidial agent desktop?
The advantage of using this web service is the ability to get the latest balance which keep varying from time to time.
If possible, then how?
Regards
Bilal

simple: use a script in the script pane with an iFrame. In that you can show anything from the ERP you desire. The URL that the iFrame pulls can contain any information from the client record necessary to generate a page with your ERP info, quite easily.

This does not mean you have to give up the "scripting" portion, though, there can be multiple iFrames with any shape you like. So you can include a small window with data from the ERP and still show an actual Script if you like. Or you can put them side by side and scroll them both (or top/bottom, of course).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello William;

I am fully thanks for your kindly help. This topic really is important specially in these days, because the integration between the call center and the application is the core and the base for voice application to be distinguishable than other traditional IP PBX.
But please I need your kindly help to be able to have complete image about the subject.

simple: use a script in the script pane with an iFrame. In that you can show anything from the ERP you desire. The URL that the iFrame pulls can contain any information from the client record necessary to generate a page with your ERP info, quite easily.

* Fine, but is it possible to add custom field of type script and inside it to place the URL that will pull the data from the ERP?
About iFrame, if there a way to pull the data in the script from the ERP and display it on the same script place without opening new window?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:43 pm

For this information, you should be utilizing the Vicidial Manager's Manual. It's Free and available on EFLO.net (there is also a paid version with deeper details and better graphics).

Free advice here on the forum that includes a repeat of the Manager's Manual is the rough equivalent of someone throwing fish at you. Read the manual. Learn to fish. Or hire someone to provide specific details for precisely want to be done (ie: pay for a fish).

If you want to be taught to fish without paying, you'll need to be significantly more detailed in your requests. For paying clients, all Vicidial Professionals are adept at that Question and Answer session. In fact, that's the most important part of the job: Defining the scope of the request. After that it gets pretty darn easy.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:06 am

Ok william, I will be specified in my request.
I need to display the customer balance at the agent desktop and not in new window.
iFrame is creating new window.
So what is the technique that I can use other than iFrame to display the customer balance at the agent desktop and not in new window.
I read the manual and I have it. But this is not mentioned.
I am not requesting someone to write for me the php or the script or to understand the ERP and how to fetch the customer balance from it.
If there is no way other than iFrame, then it means that I have to display the balance in new window other than agent interface window.
Or: I will need agi script to be called once the call hit the dialplan and the agi script will query from ERP the customer balance and fill it in the database to be displayed for the agent when the call reach to the agent. This is more complicated way (but it can be done). But why to go for hard way if there were simpler way (which I am asking about it).

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 am

bghayad wrote:iFrame is creating new window

This is not true. Buy definition, iFrame displays in the existing window. Want to try that again?
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm

You know william, I have business in industries that I am sure if you tried to get involved in it, you will repeat the same same question times and times.
We are not stupid, we are learning.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 pm

bghayad wrote:You know william, I have business in industries that I am sure if you tried to get involved in it, you will repeat the same same question times and times.
We are not stupid, we are learning.
Regards
Bilal

Bilal: I'm a technician, not a Social Coordinator. I'm not insulting you or judging you. I'm trying to answer a question, but that question was based on a false premise and as such impossible to answer in a coherent fashion.

You stated your problem that the iframe opens a new window. Since iframes do NOT open a new window, that makes answering the question futile.

If you clarified what you actually meant, perhaps someone could answer you. Otherwise, we'd be guessing at what you meant and likely answering random questions you didn't actually ask.

Thus the phrase "Want to try that again?" allowing you the opportunity to restate your situation in a way that does not include that false assertion. In the end, this will likely allow you to get the help you need.

Or not. Entirely up to you.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm

My problem was so clear.
I said that I have ERP and I need the balance of the customer to be fetched from the ERP when the call reach to the agent. And you answered me, but the iFrame was not clear for me if on the same page or will open new window.
My business case is very clear, and as we know that balance is keep changing based on the customer activity so it has to be fetched by having special database query which will calculate it on the ERP database, that is why it can not be stored in the vicidial database.
I hope that I explained well the situation. Anyway I am not taking things personal.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby dito » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:40 pm

williamconley wrote:

This is not true. Buy definition, iFrame displays in the existing window. Want to try that again?

<a href="http://google.com/" target="_self">Google</a>

"_self" will display the iframe in the same window in this example you will have frame in the same page containing google :!:
VoIP TUNISIE
support@crm.tn - https://crm.tn
dito

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm

bghayad wrote:My problem was so clear.
I said that I have ERP and I need the balance of the customer to be fetched from the ERP when the call reach to the agent. And you answered me, but the iFrame was not clear for me if on the same page or will open new window.
My business case is very clear, and as we know that balance is keep changing based on the customer activity so it has to be fetched by having special database query which will calculate it on the ERP database, that is why it can not be stored in the vicidial database.
I hope that I explained well the situation. Anyway I am not taking things personal.
Regards
Bilal

"..iFrame was not clear for me if on the same page or will open new window." iFrame *by definition* opens in the same window. It creates a miniature section (in this situation the "Script" pane) and displays information in that section. The Vicidial Agent Screen is still there, but this information displays in a sub-section of the Agent Screen. The "Script" tab will show the iFrame of the Script. The "Vicidial" tab will show the client information. Your script may have an iFrame in it to accomplish this.

OR you can use an "Anchor tag" which must be clicked on and will pull a new page. You can't use an anchor tag in the Vicidial agent screen that uses "self" as a target because it would violate the agent session (by surfing to a new page), which would be more than just a little bit bad (or just fail as there's a security feature to avoid surfing to a new page by accident).

dito wrote:
williamconley wrote:

<a href="http://google.com/" target="_self">Google</a>

"_self" will display the iframe in the same window in this example you will have frame in the same page containing google :!:

That's not an iFrame, it's an anchor tag. This question relates to the iFrame used in the Script pane in vicidial. Which is not the same as an anchor tag.
williamconley

Postby dito » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 pm

oops ! sorry missed a line when doing the paste
i give an example more detailed i will succeed the paste :p
part for the iframe and second for the tag..
4 AM here i should be sleeping :p
gn all

<iframe id="Example2"
name="Example2"
title="Example2"
width="400"
height="300"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0"
src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=es-419&amp;geocode=&amp;q=buenos+aires&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=38.638819,80.859375&amp;t=h&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Buenos+Aires,+Argentina&amp;z=11&amp;ll=-34.603723,-58.381593&amp;output=embed" target="_self">
</iframe>

<br>
<small>
<a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=es-419&amp;geocode=&amp;q=buenos+aires&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=38.638819,80.859375&amp;t=h&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Buenos+Aires,+Argentina&amp;z=11&amp;ll=-34.603723,-58.381593" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left" target="_self"> See bigger map </a>
</small>
VoIP TUNISIE
support@crm.tn - https://crm.tn
dito

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm

dito wrote: <a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=es-419&amp;geocode=&amp;q=buenos+aires&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=38.638819,80.859375&amp;t=h&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Buenos+Aires,+Argentina&amp;z=11&amp;ll=-34.603723,-58.381593" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left" target="_self"> See bigger map </a>
</small>

One more time: An Anchor Tag with target self in a Vicidial agent screen is bad juju. It'll break the agent session when the agent clicks on it. So ... bad idea. Having that content Inside the iFrame is fine (but that code would not reside in the script, it would be on the page being called).
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo