Airspring SIP provider - problems dialing

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Airspring SIP provider - problems dialing

Postby petter » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi Guys,

Got our Vicibox installed (Trying to move from DOS Based Vector system) and just got our account with my SIP provider.

I am having some problems making even a test call and Airspring (who sold me the SIP account) told me that all they do is register my public IP and I need to do nothing. Well, doing nothing is not working so I am wondering if anyone have any suggestions?

I used the Public IP while installing Vicibox and it is connected directly to the cloud without any firewalls.

This is a pure test box so would be happy to provide any info anyone needs.

Thanks
Petter
petter

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 pm

How did you set this carrier up in your system exactly?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby petter » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Currently the only thing in there is:

register => 123.156.189:5060
petter

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:15 pm

no dialplan entry at all?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby petter » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:53 am

Correct. No dial plan at all. Seemed strange to me also but since they are not giving me any information at all (Due to them claming me being a wholeseller) I am a bit lost.

I'll shoot you the login information and you can see for yourself.
petter

Postby voipclear » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Airespring does IP Authentication.
You can simply enter "generic" SIP information in your sip.conf and it will work fine.

That being said, do NOT expect to properly calculate costs using their service unless your softswitch can query the LRN database.
AND you will be charged extra for every call above 'X' percentage that fall under their Short Call Duration rules.

When I used their service, my LCR switch showed their calls averaging about 0.0065 per minute. But when I received their bill, I found out each call came out to 0.00126 per minute. That's almost 2X the cost!
voipclear

Postby petter » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:10 am

LOL, that easy. Ok, now I feel like an idiot. Well, moving from DOS based dialing platform is a bit of a step :-)

Thank you
Petter
petter

Postby voipclear » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm glad I can help out with the dialplan.

BUT, I just want to re-emphasize that you need to be very careful using Airespring's service. They are a reputable provider. But it's almost impossible to properly track your usage and cost with them.

Protect yourself. Don't get stuck in a one year contract with them until you try them out for a couple of weeks.

petter wrote:LOL, that easy. Ok, now I feel like an idiot. Well, moving from DOS based dialing platform is a bit of a step :-)

Thank you
Petter
voipclear

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo