Terminal Login

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Terminal Login

Postby npcaz » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 am

Newbee here

Loaded fresh install of ViciBox. Was prompted for root password during install, which i did.

When server boots it asks for a "login" & "Password"

I have no idea what the Login should be?

As I said I am new to Linux, not sure if I need to get into terminal for anything.

I know ther is a managers manual (which i intend to purchase) Is there a administartors manual?

Thanks
npcaz

Postby mflorell » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:41 pm

You should have entered what you wanted as the Linux login/password when you installed ViciBox.
mflorell
Site Admin

Rott user

Postby npcaz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks for the reply.

However, i followed the walk through. It only prompts for a user password in steps 37 & 38. There is no screen to enter a root user login name, nor any mention of it in the walk through directions.

I loaded a fresh stand alone Ubuntu server just for kicks and it does ask for a root login and password. (just to see what the screen looked like) I dont get that screen asking for root login name on Vicibox. I thought perhaps it was set a default login name.

Everything loaded as the walk through dictates, I can run vicidial & see admin and agent screens from client pc. Just cant login to the server.
(so i doubt the iso was corrupt) Is there in fact a screen to enter root "Login"?

Thanks in advance
npcaz

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 am

In Ubuntu by default you need to login to a user and then sudo into root.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo