Step 43 Vicibox Server Installer is stuck..

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Step 43 Vicibox Server Installer is stuck..

Postby fastlane101 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:01 pm

I am also doing a fresh install from the downloaded ISO.

After machine reboots, (CD removed) It stops at:

*Starting Vicidial Installer vici-inst

chmod: cannot access '/tmp/vici-inst/ubuntu-vici-installer-vicibox.sh': No such file or directory.

after reading the previous post, i called my isp and got 2 dns (name server) ip addresses from them.

I booted from cd, and did a new clean install again, to the same result as before..

The only other thing i can think of is this:

i am running dhcp on a linksys router which is allocating the ip addresses for the local machines, if i switch to static, i will have the headache of applying static connection info on the remaining win xp machines in the office, so i would like to avoid that by any means necessary..

by connecting the same network cable to my laptop and running ipconfig i got the following ip address info:

IP: 192.168.1.110
gateway: 192.168.1.1
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

That is what i entered during both installs.

What command can i use to check my ip information and/or internet connection from the server itself?

Am i doing anything wrong?

I know it is a repeated subject, but i am stuck and cant figure out what have i done wrong..

Thank you in advance...
fastlane101

Postby Op3r » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:03 pm

ping download.vicidial.com

if it succeeded then just re run the installer. if not then check your network settings again.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Re: Step 43 Vicibox Server Installer is stuck..

Postby okli » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 am

fastlane101 wrote:...i am running dhcp on a linksys router which is allocating the ip addresses for the local machines, if i switch to static, i will have the headache of applying static connection info on the remaining win xp machines in the office, so i would like to avoid that by any means necessary..
Check router's DHCP configuration, most likely DHCP server provides addresses in 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.200 range. Make it from .100 upwards if not already configured so.
Use an address for the Vicidial machine out of that range, 192.168.1.80 for example. You would need static IP for it anyway.
okli

thank you for the help

Postby fastlane101 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm

it seems i had a nic issue, i replaced the nic and reinstalled from the cd, this time the installation was successfull..

Thanks again..
fastlane101

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo