Server time in ViciBox

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Server time in ViciBox

Postby mikefink80 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:26 am

I had originally installed vicibox and until this week I was using it only as a web and db server. Unfortunately my asterisk/vicidial server went down at the beginning of this week so I had to switch everything to the vicibox server until I get my asterisk/vicidial server back up and running.

For some reason this morning I had a problem with the dialer dialing west coast leads at 10:00 am EST which is when I noticed the dialer's time is setup 4 hours ahead of time. What could be the issue?
mikefink80

Postby mikefink80 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Just as an update... I ran sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata which allowed me to select and set the localtime to the Eastern Time Zone.

Once I set this it shows localtime correctly while showing UTC as 4 hours ahead. Unfortunately, it seems my applications are running off UTC time and not the localtime which is causing problems for my dialing. Anyone know where to go with this?
mikefink80

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Depending on the application either a restart or a reinstall is necessary to fix this.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mikefink80 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:16 pm

I plan on restarting as soon as the shift is over so I will post the outcome then to update in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.
mikefink80

Postby mikefink80 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Restarting the server after running sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata fixed the problem in case anyone else runs into a similar problem. Thanks for the help.
mikefink80

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo