No permissions in vicibox server

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

No permissions in vicibox server

Postby john_usc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:47 pm

I just installed vicibox server and I tried to login using 6666 and 1234 as login and password respectively and then I went to add carriers and it says that I do not have the permission to view the page. I am not sure if this feature is not available or is there any other admin login.
Can someone help
THanks
john_usc

admin

Postby cottonking2000 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:37 pm

I had the same problem until I went into ADMIN for the USER and set the set up screen to my needs.

I assumed it was a pre configured user enable to set up the system. It was not. I am actually glad it was not because it forced my "DO NOT READ THE MANUAL AFTER I BOUGHT REAR" to actually read the manual and do a proper set up on my own.

Buy the manual if you have not - it is the best thing I did.
cottonking2000

Postby mcargile » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 am

Any Vicidial installation that is done from scratch will have the 6666 user having very limited permissions. This is intentional. It makes it so that the person logging in to 6666 has to change their rights in order to do anything. This in turn lets them know the rights management system is there.

Understanding user rights is very important. We have seen a case where by a call center gave every manager level 9 access to the system with full rights to view reports. The managers then set weak passwords for themselves. They think that one of their rivals either had a man on the inside or hacked a manager account. In either case they started having an issue where by their closers were reporting someone barging in and messing with their sales.

The problem went away once they made a single level 9 account that is only used when it is required. All other admin / manager accounts are now level 8 with only the rights they need. They also now have a password policy in place.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo