The new Vicibox 8.1 integrated firewall

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Re: The new Vicibox 8.1 integrated firewall

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:57 am

depends a lot on what "it" is. detailed step by step of what you did would be useful to determine whether it should survive reboot or not. if all you did was run the iptables command to insert a rule, that will not survive reboot. yast firewall changes do survive reboot. Dynamic Good Guys has some instructions to allow editing a conf file which will allow both surviving reboot AND placing a comment in the file so you know why the entry exists.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby davesdatasystems » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:20 pm

I am somehow missing something, i dont really know. But instead of going through all the minor things, i will just say what i would like

i seen the option for viciful, never got it to work, and i dont know what other steps to take, i try to take advice in the thread but no luck

I even went with the simple, turn on viciwhite, leave viciblack off, and enabled it, but still able to get sip traffic from other locations.

what steps would i take to just block everything other then the IPs i put in viciwhite. ie using viciful. i have two static ips i can access anything with, so i am not to worried, plus i have the box it self i have access too.
block everything, ssh access, sip, web, where if i dont have the ip in the vici white list in admin>ip list that it will be completely blocked.

thanks, sorry if i am a pain.
VICIBOX V10 installed via USB
VERSION: 2.14b0.5
BUILD: 220831-0850
Asterisk 13.38.2-vici
SVN: 3641 (at time of this signature edit)
Custom PC
No Extra Software After Installation
davesdatasystems

Postby williamconley » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:46 pm

simple whitelist is not related to vicidial, but to iptables and yast firewall. DGG as mentioned previously has instructions for simple whitelist (as a prerequisite to installing DGG). After that whitelist modification, your system will only allow authorized IPs and responses from whatever your system reached out to (eg: if your system requests a DNS entry, the response will be automatically allowed through the firewall). At that point you are secure and can manually add authorized IPs. This is done through four methods:

1) yast firewall custom rules
2) edit the conf file mentioned in the DGG installation
3) install DGG, which provides simple web interface addition method
4) Vicibox integrated firewall.

It is worthy of note that they can ALL be used and will not harm each other by being used interactively.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Gagandep » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:05 pm

This is really wonderful. I just try to move it in vicibox 8.0.1 but not working . Can anyone tell me how to use this on vivibox 8.0.1
Gagandep

Postby carpenox » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:09 pm

not sure if this will work for 8.0.1 but try this:

rpm -i https://download.opensuse.org/repositor ... .1.src.rpm --force

Good luck,

-Nox
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Previous

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo