Server hardware upgradation & moving old supporting files

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Server hardware upgradation & moving old supporting files

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:17 am

Dear all,

I m a newbie in linux & i have to shift the asterisk vicidial server files ( my dialplans, modules , database ,IVR , sip-asttecs.conf ,custom code on the server, user details etc ) to new & better hardware as the old system is not that reliable. i wish to transfer the files to new asterisk system (Xeon processor 3.2 GHz with RAID 1.
I have already downloaded latest asterisk & vicidial and installed in the new server

i wish to transfer the files ( my dialplans, modules , database ,IVR , sip-asttecs.conf ,custom code on the server, user details etc ) of old asterisk vicidial ( asterisk 1.8.5.0 & dahdi -linux 2.5.02.5.0+ , & festival server installed with kernel 2.6.32-573.8.1.e16.x86_64 on centos 6.7 to the new vicidial server recently installed. i wish to transfer my dialplans, modules , database ,IVR , sip-asttecs.conf etc all relevant files from my old server to the new server.

My new vicidial server details & its configuration
1)Site from where i downloaded & install Vicibox server http://www.vicibox.com/server/index.html
2) VERSION: 2.14-683a
3) BUILD: 180809-1547
4) Telephony Hardware : Dinstar GSM gateway (Model No DWG 2000F)
5) No other software installed ( Running only vicibox server
6) Server Config : Physical server Intel 3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Motherboard S1200V3RP
7) server is accessible online
8) Vicibox server version : ViciBox v.8.0.1
9) OpenSuSE Leap v.42.3 64-bit
10) Kernel v.4.1.13
11) Asterisk v.11.20.0-vici
12) DAHDI v.2.11.1
13) LibPRI v.1.6.0
14) Amfletec VoiceSync v.1.3.8
15) OpenR2 v.1.3.3 for MFC/R2 support
16) ViciDial SVN Trunk v.2.14-628a build 170913-0908 revision 2815

Request you to PLS PLS PLS give step by step instruction how i can copy this files and transfer this files & any other relevant important to my new server so that my new server is up & running without loosing any data .

Request your support ..

Thanks & Regards
Prashant S
Last edited by prashant3s@yahoo.com on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Re: Server hardware upgradation & moving old supporting file

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You'll want to move the DB, then upgrade the DB. Instructions in /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/UPGRADE. At that point your DB Schema will match the Code on the server.

4) Run the IP update script so the server knows it's new identity. Reboot.

5) Now you can work out your .conf file modifications if you have any. Note that if your previous Vicidial was very old, you may need to make technical changes to any deprecated feature/functions/codes in any customized .conf files and/or Carrier field entries (comma vs | for instance).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:59 pm

1)Site from where i downloaded & install Vicibox server http://www.vicibox.com/server/index.html
2) BUILD: 180809-1547
Last edited by prashant3s@yahoo.com on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Do you know how to move the DB from one server to the other?
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:55 pm

williamconley wrote:Do you know how to move the DB from one server to the other?

No...I have copied the old db using win scp . however i dont know to convert and move to new server.
I can move using win SCP but dont whick directory to move & what are the methods
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:33 pm

OK: I see you're level Zero. 8-) No problem. We'll go one step at a time.

We'll start here: First you must confirm that the new server actually works (otherwise moving your data into it could be a collossal waste of time!).

Have you confirmed outbound autodial and all other necessary functions actually work on the newly built server?
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Yes..It works ..
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:49 pm

prashant3s@yahoo.com wrote:Yes..It works ..

1) Vague. "It works" is not the same as "we've tested all features and functions including, but not limited to, outbound autodial and it all works!" However: You've been warned and it's your system. So ... Onward! 8-)

2) On the OLD server:

Code: Select all
mysqldump -u cron -p1234 asterisk > 2018-20-08_asterisk.sql
gzip 2018-20-08_asterisk.sql

You may then use WinSCP or any other method you prefer to move 2018-20-08_asterisk.sql.gz to the new server.
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:11 pm

I have taken the backup of the SQL DB as suggested dear and i have to now copy other supporting & important files such as dialplans, modules ,IVR , sip-asttecs.conf, Voice files , Voice broadcast files ,User details, call logs etc to new server ( Pls guide if anything else needs to be copied) from old server to the new server.

Appreciate your support.
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Request you to PLS PLS PLS give step by step instruction how i can copy this files and transfer this files

vs

prashant3s@yahoo.com wrote:I have taken the backup of the SQL DB as suggested dear and i have to now copy other supporting & important files such as dialplans, modules ,IVR , sip-asttecs.conf, Voice files , Voice broadcast files ,User details, call logs etc to new server ( Pls guide if anything else needs to be copied) from old server to the new server.

Appreciate your support.

Pretending to be level zero? 8-)
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 pm

No .. The files were already backed up and kept in a folder as mentioned earlier in my first post :-)

How would i copy all other files ( my dialplans, modules , database ,IVR , sip-asttecs.conf ,custom code on the server, user details etc ) from my old server and how would i restore it back in the new server and in which folder location.
Appreciate your support
Last edited by prashant3s@yahoo.com on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby thephaseusa » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Prashant your English is very good.
John M
thephaseusa

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback buddy :-)
Can you pls guide me help resolve my above issue.Thanks
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:54 pm

prashant3s@yahoo.com wrote:No .. The files were already backed up and kept in a folder as mentioned earlier in my first post :-)

How would i copy all other files ( my dialplans, modules , database ,IVR , sip-asttecs.conf ,custom code on the server, user details etc ) from my old server and how would i restore it back in the new server and in which folder location.
Appreciate your support

You keep changing your posts after I read them.

Dialplans should be in the web interface: Those are in the database and are already in the system if you've brought in the database and initiated a "conf file reload" in admin->servers (or by altering anything that would cause an automatic reload, like adding a phone or carrier).

Modules are not copiable, have to be installed on the new server just like they were on the old server.

Database you JUST Said you took care of already. Then changed your entry. We stopped our 'step by step' when you said you handled it.

IVR: Same as diaplans.

sip-asttecs.conf is not part of vicidial, so I've no idea. If it's related to an audio card, you may need to just copy the file and check it for deprecated features (when SIP tries to load it, it will toss errors/warnings for deprecated/discontinued features and code).

Custom code is vague. Any Vicidial code that has been changed will need to be changed again in the new version. Not copied. Best starting point is to DIFF the old version against stock code to get the changes, then try to apply that as a patch against the new code. Any failures will need to be customized again by hand. Any code that was NOT vicidial (fresh files that didn't exist on the vicidial server) can likely just be copied to the new server.
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Prashant, as WC has been explaining to you, moving the mysql database asterisk takes care of pretty much everything except conf files that you changed or alterations you made to code.

Move the database Asterisk, update the database schema and the SVN revision, and then take a look at your admin page, and everything should be just as it was on the old server.
thephaseusa

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm

1) If i upload the database from my old server which i suppose is of old version & copy to the new server with new database version , would it be compatible with the new database version or do i have to carry out some additional commands to upgrade the database version in my old server & then move files? If yes then how do we do that..
2) Which directory do i have to copy the Mysql database file in the new server ?
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 pm

prashant3s@yahoo.com wrote:1) If i upload the database from my old server which i suppose is of old version & copy to the new server with new database version , would it be compatible with the new database version or do i have to carry out some additional commands to upgrade the database version in my old server & then move files? If yes then how do we do that..
2) Which directory do i have to copy the Mysql database file in the new server ?

Are you saying that you want to continue with the step-by-step process? If so, I can resume. Note that you had previously said you were capable of copying via WinSCP AND you said:
I have taken the backup of the SQL DB as suggested dear and i have to now copy other supporting ...
when apparently you meant to say "HOW do I copy this file and where do I put it?"

Answers to both of those:

Code: Select all
scp 2018-20-08_asterisk.sql.gz xx.xx.xx.xx:/root/2018-20-08_asterisk.sql.gz

Notes: xx.xx.xx.xx represents the IP of the server to which you are copying the file. The command must be issued from the same folder in which the file presently resides. It does not matter where on the receiving server you place the file, this example places it in the /root/ folder, which is common but in no way required.

It will ask the root user's password for the new server for permission to copy the file.

The rest of the questions will be managed as each one comes up in your "step by step" process.
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 am

Hi,
Did copy the database to the new server & then did the steps mentioned below
mkdir /usr/src/astguiclient
- cd /usr/src/astguiclient
- svn checkout svn://svn.eflo.net:3690/agc_2-X/trunk
- cd trunk
/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/UPGRADE
-bash: /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/UPGRADE: Permission denied

Commands -->
---> perl install.pl ( I feel i messed up in the below settings)

Configured as
defined conf file: /etc/astguiclient.conf
defined home path: /usr/share/astguiclient
defined logs path: /var/log/astguiclient
defined agi-bin path: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
defined webroot path: /srv/www/htdocs
defined sounds path: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
defined monitor path: /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
defined DONEmonitor path: /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE
defined server_ip: 192.168.0.108
defined DB_server: localhost
defined DB_database: asterisk
defined DB_user: cron
defined DB_pass: 1234
defined DB_custom_user: prashant
defined DB_custom_pass: XXXXXX
defined DB_port: 3306
defined active_keepalives: 123456789E
defined asterisk_version: 11.x
defined copying conf files: n
defined copying weblang files:
defined FTP_host: 10.0.0.4
defined FTP_user: cron
defined FTP_pass: XXXXXXX
defined FTP_port: 21
defined FTP_dir: RECORDINGS
defined HTTP_path: http://10.0.0.4
defined REPORT_host: 10.0.0.4
defined REPORT_user: prashant
defined REPORT_pass: XXXXX
defined REPORT_port: 21
defined REPORT_dir: REPORTS
defined fastagi_log_min_servers: 3
defined fastagi_log_max_servers: 16
defined fastagi_log_min_spare_servers: 2
defined fastagi_log_max_spare_servers: 8
defined fastagi_log_max_requests: 1000
defined fastagi_log_checkfordead: 30
defined fastagi_log_checkforwait: 60

---> MariaDB [asterisk]> \. /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/extras/upgrade_2.8.sql
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
Rows matched: 0 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

--> /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_update_server_ip.pl
Previous astGUIclient configuration file found at: /etc/astguiclient.conf

Would you like to use interactive mode (y/n): [y] y

STARTING SERVER IP ADDRESS CHANGE FOR VICIDIAL...

Old server IP address or press enter for default: [192.168.0.108] 192.168.0.108

server IP address or press enter for default: [192.168.0.108] 192.168.0.108

old server_ip: 192.168.0.108
new server_ip: 192.168.0.108

But now while accessing the IP address (192.168.0.108) of the server from my browser i am getting error message " MySQL connect ERROR: Access denied for user 'prashant'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:49 pm

In our step by step we left off at you copying the compressed sql file to the new server. If you want to resume step by step, we can do that. But if you just want to try to run scripts randomly, you'll have some learning to do. For instance: the UPGRADE document is not an executable script. Read it, don't run it.
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Ok..
I was in a hurry to get the server up ..Found some articles & tried following the same..Have to get the server up asap & i am having difficulty getting it done as i am new to this Linux environment
Need to fix it quickly. Also need to chk if all the database is properly copied to the new server as i can see 7 database tables in my old server and in new server can see 5 tables in databases .

Also pls provide step by step instruction to resolve this.

Appreciate your support :?
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:52 pm

prashant3s@yahoo.com wrote:Ok..
I was in a hurry to get the server up ..Found some articles & tried following the same..Have to get the server up asap & i am having difficulty getting it done as i am new to this Linux environment
Need to fix it quickly.

1) If you're in a hurry: Hire someone to do it for you. Seriously. Cheaping out is often very expensive. There's never enough money to do it right. But always enough to do it OVER.
prashant3s@yahoo.com wrote:Also pls provide step by step instruction to resolve this.

2) You seem to be under the impression that such instructions already exist and you merely need a link to them. They do: But they are in the form of "All the information available on Vicidial" and it's up to you to decipher and determine the steps for Your Specific Scenario.

I have already offered Step By Step one step at a time. If you are patient (and I don't get too busy now that you've gone off script for a day or two), we may get all the way through and make our decisions as we go.

To be clear: For someone to write you a personalized step-by-step process for how to get from your old server with its unknown configuration options and build to a fresh new server with all those same unknown features, hardware, and configuration options would take a psychic and several weeks' time.

But ... one step at a time with questions where the path may fork, not particularly difficult. Just not fast.

Otherwise, as you've already found, all this information is already available ... in pieces throughout this site and the web in general. No reason why you couldn't work it out in time. But I strongly suggest you remember one very important thing as you proceed: Start over. Not just once. Several times. And as you re-install again each time you'll gain some familiarity with the processes and likely be MUCH more comfortable with taking risks. Eventually you'll be much more capable of fully installing, managing, and customizing your system because none of it will be "magic" any more. lol

Or we can resume with instructions step by step. When I have time. (Others may jump in and help out of course, happens all the time).
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Prashant you ran the upgrade_2.8.sql try running the upgrade_2.14.sql
thephaseusa

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Ok..Will try upgrading it to 2.14 Sql
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Postby williamconley » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:01 pm

viewtopic.php?t=16326

and of course /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/UPGRADE which will be similar to this:

http://vicidial.org/docs/UPGRADE

But will actually have instructions specific to YOUR version presently installed. Since your scripts are already upgraded, you really only need the DB upgrade portion. But that is why the UPGRADE document exists.
williamconley

Postby prashant3s@yahoo.com » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:11 pm

thank you all for the support. Data been transfered to new system now
prashant3s@yahoo.com

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo