Polycom Busy Lamp Fun

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Polycom Busy Lamp Fun

Postby wadams7029 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello everyone--
Running following server specs: Vicibox Install- 2.14-628a- Quad Quad Core Xeons at 2.5(ish- the exact speed escapes me at the moment), 16 GB mem, 2x256gb SSDs- DGG installed.

I have acquired a set of Polycom IP670s and am trying (and failing) to get the busy lamps to work (when Lynn is on the phone, Belinda can see that on her phone and not call Lynn, who gets frustrated when she is called whilst on a call). Following Polycom's guide to BLF in an Asterisk based environment, found here, I make it down to the sip.conf modifications and get stuck. There are modifications that need to be made in order to make this work, but I am not sure with the Vicidial Conf/Asterisk Conf set up where these things go. I have the phones' custom conf files inserted and they seem to be doing what they are supposed to do (I see them attempting to subscribe in the cli), but as far as getting in to the hints in dialplan stuff, I don't even know where to start.

So the primary questions are this: where does the dialplan entry where I place the "hint" go, and where does my sip.conf cid notify modification go?

Thanks!
Outbound Call Center and PBX Cluster
Database Server: Intel Core i5-3570K (Quad Core 3.4 GHz) 2x 500 gb hdds, 8 gb Ram
Telephony/Web Server: 2x Intel L5420 (Quad Core 2.5 GHz), 500 gb hdd, 16 gb Ram
wadams7029

Re: Polycom Busy Lamp Fun

Postby thirdhatch » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi. I'm not sure if this would be a useful feature on vicidial as the agents keep an open channel to the system at all times. So, your BLF would always be lit if you were monitoring an agent extension.
thirdhatch

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo