Recommended server specs for preview dialing

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Recommended server specs for preview dialing

Postby bobchaos » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Hello everyone,
I poked around the forums and some docs and found plenty of info regarding hardware specs for predictive dialing and inbound calling, but nothing on preview dialing. I'm assuming it must not be that different from inbound, but I was hoping someone had some more concrete info.

To put you in context, I'm looking to build a cluster for 150 users dialing outbound manually (I know, feels a bit like a waste of Vicidial's power don't it?) using the latest Vicibox installer. Using recommended specs for inbound according to the Vicibox install guide it would look something like this:

MySQL Server: 1 quad cores, 8 GB ram, Raid 1 array of 2x500GB SDD for some growth space
Webserver: 1 quad core, 4GB ram, 250GB HD (well, doc says 160 but its actually getting hard to find em that small o.O )
3 X Dialing server: same specs as webserver

Other factors to consider: most calls are short but all of them are recorded, including some lengthier calls made by management staff who do not login to Vicidial but use it's recording extension/script (with default 60min limit). Outbound calls going out PRIs with hardware echo cancellation. Only codec in use is ulaw.

Anyone knows if that looks right?
bobchaos

Re: Recommended server specs for preview dialing

Postby mflorell » Fri May 01, 2015 5:13 am

I would actually suggest doubling the RAM on all of those servers, but aside from that, these specs should be sufficient.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Recommended server specs for preview dialing

Postby bobchaos » Fri May 01, 2015 12:57 pm

Double RAM it is, thanks for your input!
bobchaos

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo