Vicidial Enterprise Server Concerns

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Vicidial Enterprise Server Concerns

Postby Kinghtflyer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:56 am

At this time our newly purchased Vicidial Built Server should be with FEDEX enroute from FLORIDA to San Antonio,

Whilst on the hosted server we enjoyed cell phone filtering.
I stumbled upon the following document, that leads me to believe (Only my opinion) the Feds are beginning to see the ridiculousness of putting the burden on Call Centers to be able to separately scrub for cell numbers and DNC land line numbers.
http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerf ... phones.pdf

In the meanwhile, what are our options to stay compliant and to continue and filter cell phones from our lists?
Is there a solution?
I once was aware of a Florida Sip provider that claimed they provided such service but with a large premium on the per minute charges.
Thanks,
Randy
Kinghtflyer

Re: Vicidial Enterprise Server Concerns

Postby mflorell » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:20 pm

The Vicihost cellphone filtering data is provided by DNC.COM. The files and scripts necessary to filter your phone numbers using DNC.COM data is already included in the codebase of Vicidial, so all you have to do to get the same filtering is to sign up with DNC.COM and configure the nanpa filtering processes to work with your DNC.COM account. I believe the price is less than $400/month with a yearly commit, much cheaper than even one FCC cellphone violation fine at $16,000.

As for the FCC's willingness to prosecute, they are not very aggressive at all on prosecuting TCPA violations, but the private practice lawyers filing $1,000 civil suits have almost doubled for cellphone calls in the last year.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo