Problems withs Phone Server afte --restore

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Problems withs Phone Server afte --restore

Postby covarrubiasgg » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a setup with multiple versions of Vicibox, this is for 80 Agents with a very very low pace dialing 1.5 dial level or less.

Overall Vicidial Build: VERSION: 2.10-472a BUILD: 150120-0749

Code: Select all
Database Server

Hardware: Intel Xeon E3 | 8 GB ECC RAM | 80 Gb on RAID10 LSI MegaRAID with 4 SSDs
Vicibox:  ViciBox Redux v.6.0.1

Telephony Server 01
Hardware: Intel Core i5 | 4 GB RAM | 500 GB Single Disc for OS & 2 TB for RECORDINGS
Vicibox: ViciBox Redux v.4.0.2 released

Telephony Server 02
Hardware: Intel Core i5 | 4 GB RAM | 500 GB Single Disc for OS & 2 TB for RECORDINGS
Vicibox: ViciBox Redux v.4.0.3 released

Telephony Server 03
Vicibox: ViciBox Redux v.5.0.2

Yesterday i upgraded the server 02 from Vicibox 4.0.2, i format the 500 Gb Harddrive using the lastest Vicibox 6.0.3 and i used

Code: Select all
vicibox-install --restore

It seems to work fine, all my carriers and phone are working on the server, for all the phones on that server i am expecting the same problem on my MANUAL CAMPAIGNS:

The call connect, but it never gets to LIVE CALL i am able to speak with the other end and even the recordind of the call is working, but the Call Controls such as Park Call and Transfer are diabled and a pop up is showing regarding the dial time out. For vicidial that call was not answered.

I cant figure out what is causing this problem, i have made upgrades like this in the past, but never exerienced something like this the other 2 server are working like a charm, the problem is only with this.

Does someone has experience this before?

PS Besides that, everyhing is working fine, except that the script didnt rebuild my audiostore, but i just copied the file from the other phone servers..
covarrubiasgg

Re: Problems withs Phone Server afte --restore

Postby covarrubiasgg » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Not sure how, or why, but after zypper update again and reboot it seems to be working now.
covarrubiasgg

Re: Problems withs Phone Server afte --restore

Postby Kumba » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:20 pm

If you didn't do a reboot after the restore then that could possibly attribute to it. Dialers should always be rebooted after big changes due to how things works. Web Servers and Databases don't necessarily need to be rebooted but it never hurts so we suggest as a general rule that all servers be rebooted after being configured. It's an easy guarantee that there are no lingering problems.
Kumba

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo