Custom Form/Variables

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Custom Form/Variables

Postby whaletern » Thu May 15, 2014 11:40 am

Hello, I have a pretty standard question.

Currently, we have three agents setup on our callcenter. I know it is possible to retrieve an incoming phone number when someone calls in from hold. However, would it be possible to retrieve the customer's DNID (The trunk number they called in from). In the final end result, I would like to keep track of it for successful sales (eventually send the infomation into a database using a custom form). Please let me know if anyone has any sug gestions of how I can do this, let alone if this is even possible.

Here is my Configuration:
Vicibox 5 from .iso | VERSION: 2.8-437a BUILD: 140425-1257 | Asterisk 1.8.27 | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | PHP MyAdmin (Not being used).
Vicibox 5 from .iso | VERSION: 2.8-437a BUILD: 140425-1257 | Asterisk 1.8.27 | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | PHP MyAdmin (Not being used).
whaletern

Re: Custom Form/Variables

Postby mflorell » Thu May 15, 2014 2:47 pm

The data should be available when you get the call as a script/URL variable --A--did_pattern--B--. It is also available in one of the Export Call Report fields I believe.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby whaletern » Fri May 16, 2014 8:33 am

We can see the fields on the custom form 1 page. We're just using a couple print_r statements (from PHP) to spit out everything passed through from the main agent interface right now, but obviously we'll remove that when we get this sorted out. Right now, we're just seeing an empty set of fields named "did_id", "did_extension", "did_pattern", and "did_description."

Are these the right fields? It seems to make sense that it would be in there, but for all we know at the moment, the on-hold transfer callmenu seems to be losing some information along the way.

We're transfering from a call menu to an agent. How do we check these fields are being kept track of?
whaletern

Postby mflorell » Fri May 16, 2014 8:55 am

If you are passing calls through a Call Menu after being in an In-Group then you need to have CLOSER as part of the Action Transfer CID setting.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby whaletern » Fri May 16, 2014 9:57 am

Think we miscommunicated there. We're trying to pass the caller from an initial call menu (that they're greeted with from the very start) so that they have an option to "transfer to an agent." This seems like a very typical scenario, but the initial number the user called to get into the callmenu seems lost after they get to the agent. That's what we're trying to work around.
whaletern

Postby mflorell » Fri May 16, 2014 3:07 pm

We do have clients using that information now, so it should work, but it might just be the settings you are using to accomplish the call path that you have now that is causing problems.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:48 am

whaletern wrote:Think we miscommunicated there. We're trying to pass the caller from an initial call menu (that they're greeted with from the very start) so that they have an option to "transfer to an agent." This seems like a very typical scenario, but the initial number the user called to get into the callmenu seems lost after they get to the agent. That's what we're trying to work around.

1) Vicibox from iso is missing the Version of the installer (Please include that, it can make a difference).
2) You are being a big vague:
so that they have an option to "transfer to an agent."

Does this option transfer to an agent directly? Or does it transfer to an Ingroup? Or perhaps another call menu? Remember, we are the technicians, not the callers, so the technical details help. LOL

That being said: If this goes to an ingroup and the call then progresses to an OnHook Agent whose phone then rings, the callerid sent to the OnHook Agents phone is controlled by the Ingroup setting "On-Hook CID".
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo