ViciBox v.5.0.3 after installation

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciBox v.5.0.3 after installation

Postby ncurses » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:45 am

I am not sure what is wrong with my installation disk but it did not ask prompt me anything like those that was posted on the WIKI and howtos. I just entered install and it automatically installed everything... after that, on the how to, it says to IP but it only says page cannot be displayed... Guys im totally new to vicibox so please bear with me. i noticed that vicibox didn't have a lot of howtos to follow... :( Below is the site that I am talking.
ncurses

Re: ViciBox v.5.0.3 after installation

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:53 am

Vicibox.com has a PDF which describes the installation process. You can also use the "preload" instead of the "standard" when on the vicibox site. but be sure to use the pdf available on the site.

You may also use Goautodial.org's ISO/Wiki/Getting Started Guide if that makes it simpler for you to "get going". Note that both install Vicidial, but goautodial is normally a version behind and has "pretty screens" that can get in the way of the basic vicidial functionality. That being said, it DOES have pretty screens and some helper wizards. Just don't forget that goautodial is merely an installer for Vicidial and the goal of the software is to get you to sign up with their voip or hosted dialer services, whereas vicibox is just an iso installer (not commercial, pure open source and free). http://goautodial.org/projects/goautodi ... ed_Guidev3
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ncurses » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:48 am

Thanks for the response... I got it all working now. There's so called "phases" for the installation... :) Is there any way i can re-initiate "vicibox-express" after a successful phase 2 installation without rebuilding the whole OS? Below is the error i get when i ran vicibox-express again...

Doing general DataBase requirements...
Database already exists! Server was previously installed.
ncurses

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:45 pm

if you are at that stage, you should just start over to ensure a clean install.

since you have NO settings or data in the server yet, nothing invested except a little time.

start over and you'll be even more familiar with the process. NEVER fear the reinstall unless it will cause data loss.

someone may think you're lazy or scared. neither is good. 8-)
williamconley

Postby ncurses » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:46 am

did reinstall the whole OS and it just took me less than 30minutes. :) Not that I am lazy or so but it is pretty convenient if there's a command to revert back to "phase 1"... That helps if you are just configuring the box remotely. Don't yah think? ...

Anyway got it all up and running again.. Now will be configuring outbound and inbound call. Is there any website that explains everything from scratch? Sorry guys I am honestly a noob on this. :(
ncurses

Postby williamconley » Sat May 03, 2014 3:21 pm

The Vicidial Manager's Manual is available at EFLO.net. (Free version as well as paid ...).

I HIGHLY (there are witnesses to this!) recommend using it as a step-by-step workbook to configure the system. Start at page ONE, do NOT skip anything. If you are sure you do not need "this particular section" DO IT ANYWAY! LOL. Do not stop until you hit the back cover or Everything Works as you Like.

Everything you "NEED" is available in the Free section. I can tell you from experience that the PAID version will give you enough extra information to pay for itself many times over. On your first call to someone like PoundTeam for support we will recommend that again (since many of the services we provide are COVERED in the paid manual ...), but after that first time if you haven't bothered, we're happy to take your money. 8-)

My advice is usually "when you get your first check from ... whoever pays your call center ..., purchase the paid version of the manual that day, as this will hopefully be a long and profitable ride: The Manager's Manual can make the ride Much Smoother and MORE Profitable.
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo