Digium card after the installation?

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Digium card after the installation?

Postby bghayad » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Hello;

vicibox 4.0.3, vicidial 2.8-404a, Build 130605-0841, asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici, Single Machine, Vtiger 5.4

I did the installation and then I fixed the digium card and it seems that dahdi version is 2.6.1 from the below command:

AboSaad:/etc/dahdi # dahdi_cfg -vvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.6.1

DAHDI Version: 2.6.1
Echo Canceller(s): HWEC
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

0 channels to configure.

When I type lspci I can see the digium card recognized as following:

Code: Select all
03:08.0 Ethernet controller: Digium, Inc. Wildcard AEX800 8-port analog card (PCI-Express) (rev 11)

Actually I am not able to find any configuration in the /etc/dahdi/system.conf and when I type dahdi_genconf -vvv, I am getting the following:

AboSaad:/etc/dahdi # dahdi_genconf -vvvv
Default parameters from /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters
Empty configuration -- no spans
Generating /etc/dahdi/system.conf
Empty configuration -- no spans
Generating /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
You have new mail in /var/mail/root
AboSaad:/etc/dahdi #

What is the solution? Specially that I am using dahdi 2.6.1, so I do not think that this dahdi needs to be upgraded to be able to see the card "Ethernet controller: Digium, Inc. Wildcard AEX800 8-port analog card (PCI-Express)"

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Digium card after the installation?

Postby alt_solutions » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 pm

hI,

1. Try to restart DAHDI #/etc/init.d/dahdi restart
2. # dahdi_genconf -vvvv
3. # dahdi_cfg -vvv
4. in asterisk CLI> module load chan_dahdi.so

This what I did. The same problem as your the other day.
Cluster (DB+WEB) and (Asterisk/Archive) | ViciBox Redux v.4.0.1 | Revision 1858 BUILD 120831-1523 | Asterisk 1.4.44-vici | Diguim 1 Single Span (30 Channels) | No other software installed
alt_solutions

Postby bghayad » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:39 am

I am trying to do dahdi restart but it is not existed:

AboSaad:/etc/init.d # dahdi restart
If 'dahdi' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf dahdi

Even I tried to do restart from the asterisk CLI, but nothing change .. I am not able to generate configuration using dahdi_genconf -vvvv and still now able to see the spans of the digium card.

The digium card contains 8 analoge lines .. I do not know really if the problem related to the asterisk 1.4 and related to the dahdi with this asterisk version.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:02 am

pure asterisk question you should be on an asterisk or digium forum for more help than we may be here.

that being said, if this is a fresh install your best bet is to Start Over and let the installer work its magic during the install.

if this is not a fresh install, then you should still consider trying a fresh install of everything suggested by digium on their site to get this software installed (from beginning to end). often it is a simple oversight.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:51 am

What about installing latest dahdi from asterisk website, any problem?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:06 am

if it isn't working now, it's not likely to hurt. the goal is to get it working with asterisk. digium owns asterisk. dahdi is a digium product. once you have it working with asterisk, vicidial can utilize it.
williamconley

Postby striker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 am

try this

1.go to /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.blacklist and comment the line having wctdm24xxp ie: put # infront
2. save
3. in linux console type modprobe wctdm24xxp
4. dahdi_genconf -v
5. dahdi_cfg -v

now include the following line at last line of /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
#include dahdi-channels.conf
save
now go to asterisk cli and type
>module unload chan_dahdi.so
>module load chan_dahdi.so
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Postby bghayad » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:24 am

Why you selected the wctdm24xxp to be commented?

By the way, it will be very hard to re-install from scratch just to detect this card .. disaster !

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby striker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:38 am

wctdm24xxp is the drive module for the digium 8port analog cards

the dahdi.blacklist is the file it will block the drivers which mentioned in that file to load, while running dahdi_genconf

or delete all the lines mentioned in dahdi.blacklist
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Postby bghayad » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks a lot.
Yes the problem was related to comment the line having
wctdm24xxp
in the file
/etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.blacklist

As I am using analogue lines and digium card and dahdi channel, I am facing trouble in recognizing the DID. Actually the telephone numbers are 25732530 and 25732540 and I added DID for each one but it seems it is not recognized as it is executing the default DID which is used in case of not recognizing the DID.

At the extensions.conf, I handled the call that is coming via the dahdi channel using the line:

exten => s,1,AGI(agi-DID_route.agi)

exten => h,1,DeadAGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log--HVcauses ... EBUG-----${HANGUPCAUSE}-----${DIALSTATUS}-----${DIALEDTIME}-----${ANSWEREDTIME})

I was not able to handle the call without using the "s", I tried to use _X. and I tried to use 25732530 or 25732540 but did not work in the extensions.conf and only it worked using "s".

But there is one note, the caller id service is not enabled from the telephony service provider, so if I enabled it then I will be able to use the 25732530 and the 25732540 at extensions.conf and will be recognized at the DID in vicidial?

Thanks for the help.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon May 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Callerid is often confusing and used in different ways by different companies in the process.

It can refer to the number you pass as the origination point of the call you are making (ie: your "from" number)
It can refer to the number you receive from your telco as the number that called you.
It can refer to the "service" that allows your telco to look up the name of the person who called you.
And some try to refer to it as the number that you can be called on (which is actually a DID, not a CID).

So your answer depends on which of these is referred to by the service you are adding. Given the odds ... No. They are likely already passing a number, but it is probably being passed as an ANI instead of a CID on the inbound call and you need to modify Vicidial to look for that number instead. I believe there is an example in extensions.conf to do this.
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo