Off Hook and calling another Extension, how?

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Off Hook and calling another Extension, how?

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 am

Hello;

vicibox 4.0.3, vicidial 2.8-404a, Build 130605-0841, asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici, Single Machine, Vtiger 5.4

How I can control (determine) the caller id when I am off hook and need to call another telephone extension, I need him to see my extension and not rubbish sentence which is coming from the conference?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Off Hook and calling another Extension, how?

Postby williamconley » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:59 am

when one vicidial extension calls another vicidial extension directly (intercom call) the caller id is determined by the phone settings. if this is not an intercom call, you'll need to be more descriptive of the situation. is this in a campaign? manual dial from the agent screen? 3-way call with a prospect on the line? Transfer?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Hello;

when one vicidial extension calls another vicidial extension directly (intercom call) the caller id is determined by the phone settings.

This is normal extension to extension call, it is like PBX and as you said the caller id is determined by the phone settings.

if this is not an intercom call, you'll need to be more descriptive of the situation. is this in a campaign? manual dial from the agent screen? 3-way call with a prospect on the line? Transfer?

If agent logged in and the IP Phone was configured with On-Hook = N (so the agent will be part of the conference, right?), I am talking about this case. Now, we need to call another telephone extension (say for example the extension 504), this will require to use the logged in agent screen to call which means to do manual call? If yes, that is what I did and the problem was that the destination receive the call with rubbish caller id, it is because this call came from the agent who is logged in and part from the conference. How to let the destination extension see the caller id of the caller phone?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 pm

use the logged in agent screen to call which means to do manual call?

This is not a "step by step" description of the method you are using. This makes it sound like you are using the Vicidial agent screen to allow intercom calls without a prospect being involved.

Why?

I don't know of a reason for an intercom call between agents that are logged in. So ... If you are planning to transfer a Prospect to another agent (a more likely scenario), you should use the transfer-conf button and use a transfer group to send the call to the other agent. This can include a consultation if required. Then you should use the Ingroup setting for On-Hook callerid to determine the callerID seen. If that's not the situation ... You'll need to descripbe the real situation.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I need to do normal Intercom call while I am logged in and the Phone configured to be ON Hook = NO (so the agent in the conference room). What I understand from you that it can be done normally from the IP Phone of that agent who is part of the conference room and to dial to the destination telephone extension who is also agent and logged in with IP Phone configured to be ON Hook = No, so it is also part of the conference room. In that case, to dial from the IP Phone where the other IP Phone will get the call and answer it .. This what you suggest to do?

Well, if that is the situation then I have to allow in the settings to deal with more than one call from the Phone (one call will be joined with the conference and ready to take calls from the queue and another call to send and receive internal calls which is the intercom calls). Should be done like this? I am afraid that this is not the best practice.

Any advise regarding this scenario?
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo