Vicibox upgrade 4.0.3 to 5.0.3

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Vicibox upgrade 4.0.3 to 5.0.3

Postby covarrubiasgg » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Is there any documented way to perform an upgrade from Vicibox 4.0.3 to Vicibox 5.0.3 or at least some way to install asterisk 1,8 from repos in Vicibox 4.0.3 ?

I know it is better to do a backup, re-install the cluster again and restore the backup, but i dont have any storage server so my asterisk servers stores their own recordings and backup all recordings is going to be a real pain.

I want to upgrade just for 2 reasons:

1) Recently i have been struggling with some issues with my carriers and SIP support on 1.8 is much better for debugging and it is much easier to get support for asterisk.

2) Because some of the repos on 4.0.3 start to fail, for example

http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... nSUSE_12.1

No longer exists

I had upgrade OpenSuse servers from repos before, just by updating the repositories from one version to another, refresh, update and ready, but i had never tried this with a custom version such as Vicibox and since i will perform it on a production server (after-hours) i dont want to break anything.

Currently running a Cluster with 1 DB/WEB + 2 Asterisk/Self Storage. Latest SVN revision and Zypper up-to-date.
covarrubiasgg

Re: Vicibox upgrade 4.0.3 to 5.0.3

Postby Kumba » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:44 am

I would get a spare server if you can, install ViciBox v.5 on it, and copy all the recordings from the telephony server to it. Then you just replace the old server with the new one in the cluster using vicibox-install --restore

The other option is to get an external hard drive and copy the recordings off the server before attempting to do the install. Can also use something like CloneZilla to make a system back-up in case the upgrade goes wrong.
Kumba

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo