Call Notes Comments PostURL Variables

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Call Notes Comments PostURL Variables

Postby Kinghtflyer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:23 am

Vicibox 3.04 From 64bit-Preload.iso VERSION: 2.8-403a BUILD: 130510-1350 : Asterisk 1.4.44-vici : NO Digium HArdware : Single Server
AMD 8-CORE 4Ghz 16GigRAM : MSI 3070 Mboard : 3-2TB SATA Drives : Disabled RAID : No extra software :

I can post customer comment data, and custom field data using the 'invisible' post url triggered by agent posting disposition.
I can post call notes on a per call basis into the vicidial database, but I cannot figure out how to post follow up call notes with the same post url
available during the disposition process. I would like our customer CRM to have the same call notes available to the vicidial database.

Is there an undocumented external variable available?
For now I have the agent cuttng and pasting call notes to the comment box available on the ViciDial tab.
Kinghtflyer

Re: Call Notes Comments PostURL Variables

Postby mflorell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:26 am

Could you explain in more detail exactly how the function you want to do would work?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Kinghtflyer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:59 am

I would like to be able to post followup call notes using the dispo call url.
I cannot find any external variable for call notes.
I have agents entering call note data into the customer comments and then cut and pasting to the call notes before dispositioning.
This way I can be sure vicidial call note data is mirrored with our custom Lead Management database.

I am asking for a --A--CallNotes--B-- variable.

Thanks
Kinghtflyer

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:03 am

OK, I'm sure that would be possible. I would suggest adding that as a ticket in the Issue Tracker as a feature request.

If I were to quote that, it would probably be a 2 hour project if you wanted us to do it and get it into the vicidial svn/trunk codebase.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Kinghtflyer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:47 am

When trying to login to issue tracker:
Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect.

I hope I didn't say/post something stupid that caused me to be blocked.
The wreckage of my past continues.

As a moderator could you please restore my account? thanks.
Kinghtflyer

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 am

The way we normally do this sort of thing is to use the dispourl as a trigger and then just use php code to locate and send whatever information we want. admittedly it would be better if it were part of Vicidial ... but we've done so many CRM integrations that require this approach anyway that it doesn't bother us. Any information is available once you're in PHP and have access to the DB and the identity of the client (and the call in question) from the dispourl. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Kinghtflyer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I should of thought that. To get the last callnotes with calltimestamp I can do something like:

select call_notes,call_date from vicidial_call_notes where lead_id='$lead_id' order by notesid desc limit 1;

I just never really looked at all the vicidail tables.

I guess the mysql record would be updated prior to firing off the post dispo url or this would not work.
Thanks again
Kinghtflyer

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 pm

The Issue Tracker uses it's own logins, different from the Forums. If you did create an account and are having problems logging in please PM me with your email.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo