Manual not working for actual version

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Manual not working for actual version

Postby just » Mon May 23, 2011 8:43 am

Hi,

i just installed the Vicibox Redux Server (actually the 2nd, the first one i installed i updated via SVN, the 2nd one i installed without SVN update because i thought maybe the SVN Version is to new for the manual) Anyway. Now im running version 2.2.1 but still the manual i bought for 100$ doesnt seem to fit.

I followed the tuturial step by step but at step A4. i encountered a problem. Im using Snom 370 Phones and i configured them like this:

CANT POST SCREENSHOTS :-(

I think this should be ok. Anyway, Step A5 says to have the agent log into the vicidial.php script with the phone login(phone login + phone password), which works ok, but after that my phone doenst ring, insteed im getting a mask where i should login with a user and password (user login + user password). Since i followed the tuturial step by step and the version is the same as in the manual im wondering why this happens. So im stuck at that point.

Any help would be appreciated.
just

Postby just » Tue May 24, 2011 4:37 am

i followed the tuturial till the end and now i have created all the other necessary stuff (campaign, lists, users, user groups) but still i cant login. I guess the problem is that i (the agent) doesnt see any campaings, the list ist empty.

Could someone please verify that the 100$ tuturial works, this is really frustrating.

regards
just
just

Postby mflorell » Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 am

Yes, the tutorial works if you follow it exactly.

Is the campaign active?

Have you loaded leads?

Is your phone registered(you can see this on the phone)?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby randy_delgado_03 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 pm

@just,

Also for troubleshooting purposes, try enabling this option on the campaign:
(Allow No-Hopper-Leads Logins = Y) so that you could log in to the campaign you created even without leads.

Check also if the phone you created have registered on the asterisk CLI.

Always always check the asterisk CLI for trouble shooting almost everything (^_^) ...
ViciBox v.7.0.3-160505
Asterisk 11.22.0-vici
Vicidial: VERSION: 2.12-563a BUILD: 160801-2119
Servers: Stand alone server (Database, Web, Telephony)
No Additional Softwares, No Third Party Softwares
randy_delgado_03

Postby just » Fri May 27, 2011 4:40 am

Thanks for your help guys! The Tip to enable Allow No-Hopper-Leads Logins = Y was worth gold!

Finally i got it to work (The Agent Login atleast). I found out it works when i first create the campaigns, lists, user groups and the user afterwards.

But now im stuck again. I added a carrier and logged in as user. The phone rings (hurray) but when it dials a number the nice women voice tells me (i m sorry that is not a valid extension)

I read that this is a common problem when the carrier is not working. Again i setup everything like suggested in the manual.

My settings are:

Code: Select all
Registration String: username:password@hostname.of.my.server

Account Entry:
[testcarrier]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
type=friend
username=testcarrier
secret=test
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound

Dialplan Entry:
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(username:password@hostname.of.my.server:5060/${EXTEN:2},,tTor)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

On the Asterisk Server (Carrier Server) i executed "sip show peers"

and found my user.

username                   (Unspecified)    D   -   -  0        Unmonitored

but i guess registration didnt work because

sip show registry
Host                           dnsmgr Username       Refresh State                Reg.Time
0 SIP registrations.

Now i have no idea what i could have done wrong :-/

Help would be very appreciated.
just

Postby randy_delgado_03 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:09 pm

just wrote:Thanks for your help guys! The Tip to enable Allow No-Hopper-Leads Logins = Y was worth gold!

Finally i got it to work (The Agent Login atleast). I found out it works when i first create the campaigns, lists, user groups and the user afterwards.

But now im stuck again. I added a carrier and logged in as user. The phone rings (hurray) but when it dials a number the nice women voice tells me (i m sorry that is not a valid extension)

I read that this is a common problem when the carrier is not working. Again i setup everything like suggested in the manual.

My settings are:

Registration String: username:password@hostname.of.my.server

Account Entry:
[testcarrier]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
type=friend
username=testcarrier
secret=test
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound

Dialplan Entry:
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten =>_91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(username:password@hostname.of.my.server:5060/${EXTEN:2},,tTor)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

On the Asterisk Server (Carrier Server) i executed "sip show peers"

and found my user.

username                   (Unspecified)    D   -   -  0        Unmonitored

but i guess registration didnt work because

sip show registry
Host                           dnsmgr Username       Refresh State                Reg.Time
0 SIP registrations.

Now i have no idea what i could have done wrong :-/

Help would be very appreciated.

@just

Congratz on making the phones work ...

Your next problem is the SIP Trunk with your carrier ...

1. Ask your SIP Trunk carrier what kind of authentication they require you (or most of the time you will be the one to choose), is it IP Authentication or User Based Authentication.

2. Secure what extension does your SIP Carrier uses for your SIP Trunk.
e.g.: (7777) <- Carrier Ext. (1) <- CountryCode (2234567890) <- Areacode and Phone. So in your dial plan its something like 777712234567890 or in extensions, its something like exten => _77771NXXNXXXXXX

3. And when you're going to use that dial plan for Auto or Manual dial when you login to the campaign you created, put your carriers extension (depending on the extension you set up on your dial plan) on the prefix config of your campaign. e.g.: Dial Prefix: 7777.

Good luck bro ...
ViciBox v.7.0.3-160505
Asterisk 11.22.0-vici
Vicidial: VERSION: 2.12-563a BUILD: 160801-2119
Servers: Stand alone server (Database, Web, Telephony)
No Additional Softwares, No Third Party Softwares
randy_delgado_03

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo