Updating 32 to 64 bit vicibox redux - keep adaptions made

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Updating 32 to 64 bit vicibox redux - keep adaptions made

Postby marmu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:31 am

Hi guys,

it has been a while, but now I am back to my Vicidial-Server development. I got new hardware and now it seems to be the time for an update to 64 bit. The server got 12 GB of RAM, RAID1 and 2x Xeon X5650 CPUs. This hardware should benefit from using a 64 bit system. But I am concerned about the adaptions I made to the vicidial PHPs and AGI-Scripts. So please tell me how I can update while keeping my adaptions.

This is my educated guess:
1. Install the current vicibox server ISO with 64 bit support
2. more or less copy my vicidial code, AGIs and import my "old" Database

Can someone please tell my if that is possible. I guess so, since I think my PHPs, AGIs changes should not be affected by a switch to a 64 bit OS/vicidial. Am I right?

I made changes to files in the following folders:
1. /srv/www/htdocs/agc/
2. /srv/www/htdocs/vicidial/
3. /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/

Thanks for any thoughts on that. This may be kind of a stupid question, but I need some assurance ;)

Cheers,
Marcus
Vicibox redux 3.1.10 64 bit (ViciBox_Redux.x86_64-3.1.10.iso)
Admin-GUI: VERSION: 2.4-310a - BUILD: 110506-1537 - with some adaptions :)
Asterisk 1.4.39.2-vici | Single Server | wanpipe_voicetime
2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) X5650 | 12 GB | SAS 15k RAID1
marmu

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 am

you should be correct. if you install the exact same version of vicidial, you should be able to put your modified files in and have the exact same result you have with the 32 bit system.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby marmu » Thu May 12, 2011 10:43 am

I am not really shure which version is/was on my old 32 bit system. Isn't it possible to transfer all necessary files from the old server to the new one. Could someone please tell me what directories I have to copy?
As far as I know this should be:
/srv/www/htdocs/agc
/srv/www/htdocs/astguiclient
/srv/www/htdocs/vicidial
(/srv/www/htdocs/vtigercrm)

/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/

/usr/share/astguiclient/

or should I copy
/usr/share/astguiclient/
and then "install" vicidial? maybe this is not possible since files are from a 32 bit system and I want to install on 64 bit? but afaik vicidial consists of php and perl scripts and these shouldn't be affected, right?

+ copy all the asterisk conf files (extensions etc.)
+ exporting and importing the mysql-database

Thanks again for your help. I got a lot of trouble setting vicidial up from scratch, therefore I am thinking of reinstalling the vicibox-distro again. (first time I had these issues:
lead_id from vdc_db_query mostly wrong - why? 64 bit?:
http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/viewtopic.php?t=18223&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)
marmu

Postby williamconley » Thu May 12, 2011 9:52 pm

use the admin backup script in /usr/share/astguiclient. it will grab almost everything you need.

you'll also need any client recordings (which are not covered in the SYSTEM backup, since those are expected to be managed seperately).

also: when you installed, your source files from the original install SHOULD be in /usr/src/astguiclient/[version] and should be installable via "install.pl" in that folder (that combined with a restore of all the files from the backup including the database, and the recordings should give you a complete system)

but beware: the operating systems often differ in irregular ways, so some tweaking may be necessary with some add-ons.

generally, it's best to upgrade the database and "place it" in a newer version of the system that's already been tested. then you get new toys AND your data.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby marmu » Fri May 13, 2011 6:24 am

Thanks William! I will now install vicibox 3.0.7 or 3.1.10 on the 64 bit server. Then I will copy /usr/src/astguiclient from my old-server and "install" vicidial with that on the new one. After that I will copy my adapted scripts and hopefully it will work. It was like finding the needle in a haystack (is that also a common saying in the US?) and still I do not know why it won't work.

UPDATE: I am asking myself if I should do "vicibox-install" when installing vicibox 3.1.10 and after that run "install.pl" from /usr/src/astguiclient/version of the old server. Or would that cause problems? Then I would stop the installation of vicibox there and get on manually.

I really like, that the "vicibox-install" script sets up everything (mysql, apache and asterisk..) this saves a lot of time. But I hope I can run "install.pl" after "vicibox-install" which should get me my old vicidial(?)
ok, the (new) database has to be dropped then and I'd have to import the one from my old system...
END OF UPDATE ;)

Cheers,
Marcus
marmu

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo