clean install with vicibox redux 0.17 svn problem

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

clean install with vicibox redux 0.17 svn problem

Postby Michael_N » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:48 am

I did a clean install with vicibox redox 0.17

when i came to the to the choise of using trunk, it says that svn version is to old for copy
Michael_N

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 am

yep, the redux still has some issues with svn and versions during installation.

if you edit the installation script before that stage, you can get it to install quite well, though.

i posted a quick fix for the 0.1.6 version a while back, and i think that is still valid. the 0.1.7 was supposed to fix it, but the directory that the install finds itself is still not right.

my clients generally want 2.2.0 not 2.4, so i usually edit out the "latest" and "trunk" options and replace the svn commands with
Code: Select all
svn co svn://svn.eflo.net:43690/agc_2-X/branches/agc_2.2.0
after making sure that i'm in the right subfolder and that it is not already occupied with an agc_2.2.0

then be sure that when it changes directory to execute the install.pl, it WILL land in the agc_2.2.0 folder (if that's your version to install) and from there it seems to smooth right out and work correctly.

also, if it "fails" during installation, you CAN restart the installation after deleting all the lines that have already executed (and fixing the line that crashed so it can continue)

the only trick for that is to NOT delete the "functions" defined at the top of the file or any variable definitions. since those are at the top, delete everything below them to the point of death, fix the error and restart.

then post what you had to fix (this time) and hopefully 0.1.8 will not need this any more.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Kumba » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Do you have a way to copy and paste the error you were receiving so I can see it?

I just released v.0.1.8 which has current ViciDial versions in it. See if the error persists with the new ISO.
Kumba

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo