SURVEY CAMP TRANSFER TO INGROUP

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

SURVEY CAMP TRANSFER TO INGROUP

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi, is this possible???

i want to create a survey campaign, where when the customer presses 1, the call gets transferred to a ingroup.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.
gonzalezgjaime

Postby mflorell » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Yes, read the ViciDial Manager Manual
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I have the manual, i just dont know where the info is located in the manual, and this config is a bit urgent thats why im asking in the forum.

This is a bit more specific configuration, im thinking create an extension point the transfer option of the survey camp to that extension, and make the extension dial the ingroup, but in-groups dont have a "extension number"
Do they??

Please Help.
gonzalezgjaime

Postby mflorell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:18 am

Tutorial J. Set up a “press-1” type, or survey, outbound dialing campaign
page 32

If you want the call to go to an in-group instead of the agents logged into the campaign you have to use drop time of -1 and set the campaign detail drop in-group.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:52 am

Matt, thank you for your response, it is awesome that not only you created this fine piece of software, but you still have the patience to help us all.

I've had a number of vicidial installations for some clients, but i am no expert, that is why i post here.

I did what the manual says about creating the survey campaign, and also what you told me set drop time in seconds to -1, but the system automatically resets it to 1, i also set the drop action to in-group, and the drop transfer group to the in-group i want it to transfer.

Here is the deal, when i make the system call my cell phone, i hear the survey recording i press 1 and it transfers me to the live agent logged in, not to the in-group, am i missing something?

I apologize if i dont explain myself correctly which leads to taking more of your time.

Thanks in advanced for your help.
gonzalezgjaime

Postby mflorell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 am

The -1 feature only works with 2.2.0
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Ok, one more question.

Is there a workaround in version 2.0.5?

And, if the customer presses 1 in the survey then that wouldn't be considered a dropped call right, so would it still transfer to the in-group.

The thing is that this is a production server so there is almost no possibility of upgrading to 2.2.0 at this time.

Thanks again Matt.
gonzalezgjaime

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Ok, it worked!!!! thanks a lot Matt.

If i were to use remote agents, no real people just remote agents on the system, what could i do to make them transfer the call to the ingroup.

If i use a live agent, the agent has to be paused in order for the call to be transfered to the ingroup, if the agent is not paused then the call goes to the agent. Note that the survey campaign is not the same as the campaign where the ingroup is setup.

in the remote agent config i can set up an extension, can i create an extension in extensions.conf and make it wait maybe so that the call can be considered dropped and then be transfered to the ingroup?

Thanks.
gonzalezgjaime

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Im reallt close to getting this right, please help.

im thinking:

exten => 3535,1,point to inboundgroup

so i can set this extension in the remote agent "external extension" field

and then make it go to the ingroup when the customer presses 1.

any ideas?

Thanks, regards.
gonzalezgjaime

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Any ideas??

Please help.
gonzalezgjaime

Postby mflorell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:39 pm

No, no workaround in 2.0.5. A lot has changed since then in Survey and call handling as a whole that allows for that to work properly.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gonzalezgjaime » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Ok Matt, sorry for being such a pain in the neck, some times server can blow your mind.

Thanks for all your help, i guess upgrading to 2.2.0 can solve this issue.
gonzalezgjaime

Re: SURVEY CAMP TRANSFER TO INGROUP

Postby udfxrookie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Thanks Matt for
If you want the call to go to an in-group instead of the agents logged into the campaign you have to use drop time of -1 and set the campaign detail drop in-group.

THAT is the trick.

Curious though, how do I see successful calls? Usually managers watch the RTD and can see calls coming in, and see the agents speaking with them, and of course how long.
How are we able to tell if a remote agent is actually on a call?
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.10-452n build: 14111-0554 | Asterisk 1.8.31.0-vici | 1 AIO Setup Helping local companies startup www.AKAMarketing.net
udfxrookie

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo