ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Kumba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:38 am

I've started work on ViciBox v.10. This will be based on OpenSuSE v.15.3 and Asterisk 13. This version will be moving to more packaged based maintenance items which should make updates and corrections to things like vicibox-install less problematic overall. Below are some bullet points of what is going into this version:

- OpenSuSE Leap v.15.3 with Asterisk 13 and possibly Asterisk 16
- vicibox-install and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-install' for ease of maintenance
- vicibox-certbot being removed for the dumpster fire it ended up being, a new vicibox-ssl being created around the acme.sh script
- vicibox-firewall and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-firewall' for ease of maintenance
- Dynamic portal moved into a package called 'vicibox-dynportal' for ease of maintenance
- Inclusion of more utilities like pcapsipdump
- Basic SNMP config (not asterisk-snmp) for monitoring the server's health with network monitoring utilities
- Rework of the vicibox-upgrade script to make it more usable/usefule/work/etc.
- vicibox-install CLI arguments for semi-automated install

My current plan is to get the base image done so that when OpenSuSE finally moves 15.3 into a Beta state I can have you all test install the OS to make sure there's no real installer issues. I'm planning to have two ISOs with one being for a Linux MD Software RAID array and the other being the standard single-drive direct install. Currently the image has kernel 5.3.18 but that could very well change later on.

If you have any comments, requests, software additions, etc, feel free to post them below.
Kumba
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby carpenox » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:37 am

id love to help beta test :-p
Leap 15.2 | Version: 2.14-808a | BUILD: 210406-1821 | SVN Version: 3422 | DB Schema Version: 1628 | Asterisk 16.17.0-vici
www.CyburityLLC.com -:- 844-PC-SATA-2 -:- the.cyburhacker.com -:- Whatsapp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 am
Location: Coral Springs, FL

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby covarrubiasgg » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Not really a feature request, just to let you know how Im using you work ... :oops:

I was trying to make the vicibox-install script able to pass arguments / parameters such as

Code: Select all
vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isdb  --db-user=cron --db-pass=SuperS3cr3tP4ss! --db-name=asterisk --db-custom=custom --db-custom-pass=custom4321!

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --isphone --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults


This was kind of opposite the purpose of having an interactive script, but I was looking to automatize the deploy process with ansible, and being able to run the script without human interaction.
I have dropped that effort because my knowledge of perl is basically non existent and i don't want to rewrite the whole script every-time you change the script. So now I am trying a different approach by having ansible to interact with vicibox-install script. I hope this to work, i can share my results when done :)
covarrubiasgg
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:20 am
Location: Tijuana, Mexico

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Zaraab » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:48 am

Kumba wrote:I've started work on ViciBox v.10. This will be based on OpenSuSE v.15.3 and Asterisk 13. This version will be moving to more packaged based maintenance items which should make updates and corrections to things like vicibox-install less problematic overall. Below are some bullet points of what is going into this version:

- OpenSuSE Leap v.15.3 with Asterisk 13 and possibly Asterisk 16
- vicibox-install and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-install' for ease of maintenance
- vicibox-certbot being removed for the dumpster fire it ended up being, a new vicibox-ssl being created around the acme.sh script
- vicibox-firewall and associated files moved into a package called 'vicibox-firewall' for ease of maintenance
- Dynamic portal moved into a package called 'vicibox-dynportal' for ease of maintenance
- Inclusion of more utilities like pcapsipdump
- Basic SNMP config (not asterisk-snmp) for monitoring the server's health with network monitoring utilities
- Rework of the vicibox-upgrade script to make it more usable/usefule/work/etc.

My current plan is to get the base image done so that when OpenSuSE finally moves 15.3 into a Beta state I can have you all test install the OS to make sure there's no real installer issues. I'm planning to have two ISOs with one being for a Linux MD Software RAID array and the other being the standard single-drive direct install. Currently the image has kernel 5.3.18 but that could very well change later on.

If you have any comments, requests, software additions, etc, feel free to post them below.




Hello Kumba! Nice to learn that u began to do something great again!

I would like to request you to get one thing done which is, somehow Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) is detecting the Autodialer(application/ feature) from the ISO. Though they do provide the privilege to install custom ISO but when the vicibox ISO is uploaded, they scan it and somehow they deny to upload the ISO due to the issue of unmasked existence of the "Autodialer" kind o thing in the ISO. Could you please consider the issue in your next ISO development and mask the "Autodialer" issue so that Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) cannot detect it and let us install it?
Please!
Zaraab
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby carpenox » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 pm

zaraab, kumba is quite busy with an installer for vicidial, not really concerned with vultr, why not use a dedicated server instead of virtual? and why not just do a scratch installation if you want to use vultr?
Leap 15.2 | Version: 2.14-808a | BUILD: 210406-1821 | SVN Version: 3422 | DB Schema Version: 1628 | Asterisk 16.17.0-vici
www.CyburityLLC.com -:- 844-PC-SATA-2 -:- the.cyburhacker.com -:- Whatsapp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 am
Location: Coral Springs, FL

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby carpenox » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 pm

zaraab, kumba is quite busy with an installer for vicidial, not really concerned with vultr, why not use a dedicated server instead of virtual? and why not just do a scratch installation if you want to use vultr?
Leap 15.2 | Version: 2.14-808a | BUILD: 210406-1821 | SVN Version: 3422 | DB Schema Version: 1628 | Asterisk 16.17.0-vici
www.CyburityLLC.com -:- 844-PC-SATA-2 -:- the.cyburhacker.com -:- Whatsapp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 am
Location: Coral Springs, FL

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Zaraab » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:05 pm

carpenox wrote:zaraab, kumba is quite busy with an installer for vicidial, not really concerned with vultr, why not use a dedicated server instead of virtual? and why not just do a scratch installation if you want to use vultr?


So far there is no exact and accurate scratch installation process mentioned in the whole internet. Moreover scratch installation does not come flawless.

Not only in Vutlr, various other ISO accepting cloud providers do deny vicibox.iso

I believe it will be helpful if Kumba could do it <3
Zaraab
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby carpenox » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:15 pm

its good to have beliefs.... :-p
Leap 15.2 | Version: 2.14-808a | BUILD: 210406-1821 | SVN Version: 3422 | DB Schema Version: 1628 | Asterisk 16.17.0-vici
www.CyburityLLC.com -:- 844-PC-SATA-2 -:- the.cyburhacker.com -:- Whatsapp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 am
Location: Coral Springs, FL

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Kumba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:27 am

covarrubiasgg wrote:Not really a feature request, just to let you know how Im using you work ... :oops:

I was trying to make the vicibox-install script able to pass arguments / parameters such as

Code: Select all
vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isdb  --db-user=cron --db-pass=SuperS3cr3tP4ss! --db-name=asterisk --db-custom=custom --db-custom-pass=custom4321!

vicibox-install --no-prompt --isweb --isphone --db-server=192.168.1.1 --db-defaults



I like that idea. I'll add it to the list of milestones for V.10.



Zaraab wrote:I would like to request you to get one thing done which is, somehow Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) is detecting the Autodialer(application/ feature) from the ISO. Though they do provide the privilege to install custom ISO but when the vicibox ISO is uploaded, they scan it and somehow they deny to upload the ISO due to the issue of unmasked existence of the "Autodialer" kind o thing in the ISO. Could you please consider the issue in your next ISO development and mask the "Autodialer" issue so that Vultr( A cloud server hosting platform) cannot detect it and let us install it?
Please!


If they are detecting that ViciDial is on the ISO then I'm not sure how I can mask that. ViciBox is a ViciDial centric distribution. If I remove ViciBox from it then it's just OpenSuSE with some default install options. If you want to spend some time figuring out what Voltr doesn't like besides "It finds ViciDial" I can try making small tweaks to the ISO, but making virtualized hosting providers happy with the ISO is not really a goal for ViciBox. If anything, when I'm done with ViciBox V.10 you can probably install OpenSuSE and then install the various vicibox packages to help bootstrap a server from scratch. You'll still need to do some work to get everything configured correctly.
Kumba
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby ccabrera » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:04 am

Kumba,

Is there any way to "fork" Vicibox ISO? Like instead of getting access to the final product (it being the ISO), get access to the project where you created it, and then modify a copy of it before exporting it to our own ISO?

I believe that with SuseStudio you had this option, but as for now I'm completely lost on how you are building the ISO currently.
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: México, DF

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby carpenox » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:42 am

What about having the option for a "scratch install to go" kinda thing, where you install whatever Linux distro, then it connects to a server to download the needed files from the /etc/src/astguiclient/conf directory for the vicibox-install after reaching out to the vicidial repo for dynportal,install and firewall packages and then after it grabs the needed files, proceeds with the installation....just an idea. dunno if its possible
Leap 15.2 | Version: 2.14-808a | BUILD: 210406-1821 | SVN Version: 3422 | DB Schema Version: 1628 | Asterisk 16.17.0-vici
www.CyburityLLC.com -:- 844-PC-SATA-2 -:- the.cyburhacker.com -:- Whatsapp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 am
Location: Coral Springs, FL

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Kumba » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 am

ccabrera wrote:Is there any way to "fork" Vicibox ISO? Like instead of getting access to the final product (it being the ISO), get access to the project where you created it, and then modify a copy of it before exporting it to our own ISO?

I believe that with SuseStudio you had this option, but as for now I'm completely lost on how you are building the ISO currently.


I'm using Kiwi to build ViciBox. Their documentation is here: https://osinside.github.io/kiwi/index.html
After I finish ViciBox v.10, I might release the source files. I haven't really decided yet.



carpenox wrote:What about having the option for a "scratch install to go" kinda thing, where you install whatever Linux distro, then it connects to a server to download the needed files from the /etc/src/astguiclient/conf directory for the vicibox-install after reaching out to the vicidial repo for dynportal,install and firewall packages and then after it grabs the needed files, proceeds with the installation....just an idea. dunno if its possible


The Open Build Service, where I'm building the new vicibox packages, support other distros like Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, Arch, etc. In theory, these packages could be made to install on these other distros. The biggest problem is I am not testing on these distributions. So I don't know what changes or cross-distro problems would occur.
Kumba
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Zaraab » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:47 pm

Kumba can you just then create & share the scratch commands or a (.sh) file through which we can run it and deploy the setup through command line!

Thanks!
Zaraab
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Kumba » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:39 am

Zaraab wrote:Kumba can you just then create & share the scratch commands or a (.sh) file through which we can run it and deploy the setup through command line



12-something years ago the initial version of ViciBox was done with bash scripts. The problem is you can't ever count on the base packages to be in a known good state. That's why the image-based distribution was created. That way I can make sure that what is supposed to be in the linux environment is and that it's the correct version, etc.

When I get ViciBox v.10 released you should be able to install the vicibox-install packages on OpenSuSE and have a system that's pretty close to being working. That's all a secondary priority at the moment. ViciBox as it's own install image takes precedence over all other considerations at the moment.
Kumba
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ViciBox v.10 roadmap

Postby Zaraab » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 pm

Ok got you!
Zaraab
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm


Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests