OnHook and hangup: Bounty

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

OnHook and hangup: Bounty

Postby bghayad » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:32 am

Hello;

vicibox 4.0.3, vicidial 2.8-404a, Build 130605-0841, asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici, Single Machine, Vtiger 5.4

I am ready to pay bounty for resolving this issue (and would like to hear about the amount $):

Note: The dial method of the campaign is INBOUND-MAN (and really I do not know if the same problem existed with ratio or adaptive). The agent is On-Hook.

When the inbound call closed (from the customer or from the IP Phone) then the call to be hanged up at the agent desktop without pressing on the hangup button (to be hanged up automatically). Currently it does not work and it is causing a troubles in queue and in the the call center overall.

Can someone handle this and add the script for vicidial? How much it cost?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: OnHook and hangup: Bounty

Postby bghayad » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 am

To help more in this Bounty:

After the call hanged up by the customer, I see at the upper right corner Call Hangup (which could be No Live Call and could be Live Call, it is also becoming Call Hangup when the customer close the call). So the hangup is detected .. Why to press on the Hangup button again? What is the possibility to hangup completely (and automatically ... no need to press on the hangup button) specifically that the hangup detected at the application because I see Call Hangup on the upper right corner.

I believe that modifying this from the script is possible .. So the Bounty is possible now?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:09 pm

My advice would be to contact the Vicidial Group directly. I'd have to look into the agent script to find out how long it may take to add this option. How quickly do you need the action to occur? within 1 second? 5 seconds? 15 seconds? Or immediately upon hangup?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm

To be as following:

1) This to be settings that can be selected from the Admin --> Phone, for example: Auto Hangup (or whatever u need to name it, there should be a help to describe it).
2) It can be applied for Off-Hook and On-Hook (as this problem existed in both).
3) If the Phone context is default or defaultlog (is it possible to be applied even with other generic context?), it should also work.
4) About the time: is it possible to have setting for it (also can be determine from the Admin --> Phone)? Otherwise, let it to be immediately and if the agent needs to have sometime before getting the new call, then he can set a wrapup time.

What do you think? I prefer this to be part of vicidial and to be an added feature.
How much it is costing?
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Are you sure you want per phone instead of per campaign? (Obviously it COULD be on anything ... agent/phone/campaign/ingroup)

The reason I asked about the time is not as a feature, but as a cost. Depending on how it is implemented, there could be a slight delay (not intentional, just as a matter of how it is implemented).

This could be done inside the agent screen, or it could be handled as an external application constantly watching for agents on "Dead" calls and auto-hanging/dispoing for any agent who forgets. When I say "constantly watching", it actually means the script would "poll" at specific intervals.

On the other hand, if it is handled Inside Vicidial it would cost a bit more but could be activated at the moment the call goes "dead" or on a delay (set in preferences) to allow a few seconds for cleanup or perhaps just using wrap-up time as the delay. In this case, it would be possible to be instantaneous or have an Intentional delay.

If The Vicidial Group creates it, it will obviously be included in Vicidial's next SVN automatically. If someone else (like us) does it, we would have to submit it for inclusion (which takes a bit more time, and should be done against the latest SVN if possible).

As a Guess, I'd say something like six hours of production, but that's purely "Guess".
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 am

Hello William;

Are you sure you want per phone instead of per campaign? (Obviously it COULD be on anything ... agent/phone/campaign/ingroup)

* You do not think it is better to be at all the levels, and the phone overwrite the agent and the agent overwrite the ingroup and the ingroup overwrites the campaign. What do you think?

On the other hand, if it is handled Inside Vicidial it would cost a bit more but could be activated at the moment the call goes "dead" or on a delay (set in preferences) to allow a few seconds for cleanup or perhaps just using wrap-up time as the delay. In this case, it would be possible to be instantaneous or have an Intentional delay.

* When you say Inside Vicidial, you means in the agi script and to be added in the extensions.conf or where?

If someone else (like us) does it, we would have to submit it for inclusion (which takes a bit more time, and should be done against the latest SVN if possible).

* How much time will take to be in the latest SVN and this will be for sure or might be yes and might be no? Because it is a must to be included in the latest SVN otherwise we will face a problem each time there is upgrade.

As a Guess, I'd say something like six hours of production, but that's purely "Guess".

* How much the six hours will cost?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:32 am

First of all, this is how it was intended to function, it isn't broken. It is meant to allow for agents to complete entering in or updating data or call notes if the customer hangs up unexpectedly. Imagine you are an agent typing something and the customer hangs up unexpectedly and you are mid-sentence typing notes and the screen goes away.

So you want the agent to never have to click on the Hangup Customer if the customer hangs up first? and you want it to automatically go to the disposition screen at that point?

You also want this to be a campaign, in-group, agent and phone level setting?

Do you also want the agent's phone, if set to on-hook phone, to be hung up at the same time?

If all of this is the case, this would be more than 6 hours for us(the Vicidial Group) to develop this for inclusion in svn/trunk. I would quote 10 hours, which would be $1800 USD.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bghayad » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 am

Hello Matt;

Do you also want the agent's phone, if set to on-hook phone, to be hung up at the same time?

* This is a very important point. What is happening with me currently, that I have Cisco IP Phone 7942G, and when the call is hanged up, the call stays at the IP Phone screen (and of course at the agent desktop screen). I do not know if this is a settings to be done at Cisco IP Phone to automatically hangup or not? Anyway, if it is a settings, then it is a good way "to decide if to hangup the IP Phone automatically or to stay at the screen until press Call End".

Well, in that case: it will be the best solution that when pressing the call end at the IP Phone, then to hangup also at the Agent Desktop, in other words: not to be automatic hangup, but to hangup if we hangup the IP Phone from the Call End. And from the opposite side, if the agent pressed on hangup button, then to hangup the call at the IP Phone also.

Is it possible to do this point only? How much it cost?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby mflorell » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:55 am

So, you would want the agent interface to automatically do the Hangup Customer button function if the agent's phone is On-Hook and the agent's phone is hung up?

That would still be very complex to program based upon how on-hook agent phones work, probably 6 hours($1140).
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bghayad » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:55 pm

There is one idea, is there a script to check for dead calls and hangup them?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Not at present. It would have to be written. And best to write it as a preference. Usually you want to allow the agent to complete his/her notes and then press hangup customer to move to the next caller. If you automate that process, then the agent will lose the ability to finish the note-taking. I'd say a preference that is linked to wrap-up time (to allow the wrap up time to be the amount of time the agent has to complete notes, then hangup customer.

But you're still left with an agent in "dispo" screen unless you've turned that off already.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:44 am

From where we can determine the amount of time in seconds that the agent status should stay in call disposition status before becoming dead call?
Also, is it possible to not becoming dead call and it is going directly to the ready call status?

Regarding to write script to check for all agents in dead call status and make them in ready status (waiting for call), what is the preferred algorithm for this? Is it to change the status from the database? If yes, then how it will be updated at the agent desktop?
This script to be placed in the crontab?
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:05 pm

you need to use the agent api instead of making changes in the db

/srv/www/htdocs/agc/api.php

documentation

/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/docs/AGENT_API.txt
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 am

Ok, before doing such script, there is no way to cancel the dead call status and let the agent status to be ready and passing the call disposition status?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:43 am

you can disable disposition with the latest version. but i think the agent still has to hit "hangup customer".
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:48 pm

OK in this case if I did the script that will check the agents who have dead calls status, I will be able to make them in ready state (by hangup the calls)?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 pm

williamconley wrote:/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/docs/AGENT_API.txt
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello;

I have read in the crontab the following line

### kill Hangup script for Asterisk updaters
* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_manager_kill_hung_congested.pl

My question is: which script this that we need to kill it that is doing hangup? Does it help me in my problem "I need the hangup to be automated after the wrap up time"?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 pm

not related.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:01 am

Hello;

So, you would want the agent interface to automatically do the Hangup Customer button function if the agent's phone is On-Hook and the agent's phone is hung up?

That would still be very complex to program based upon how on-hook agent phones work, probably 6 hours($1140).

Coming back to this point, if Agent is On Hook or it is not On Hook (both cases), it is required that the Hangup Customer button to be hanged up automatically after the wrap up time, and if there is no wrap up time then to hangup automatically if the phone hanged up. This option to be by selecting it from the campaign settings (Automatic Hangup Customer Button: Yes/No).

How much it cost?
This issue is very important to be resolved specifically if we made it as option in the campaign to be selected and specifically if the hangup will be done after the wrap up time ... Because what do you need from the agent to do after the hangup other than going to the next call?

Regards
Bilal

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo