ViciBox Issues

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciBox Issues

Postby RyanSazon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:15 pm

I tried to install the Vicibox and followed the steb by step guide on how to install the vicidial. after installation, i tried to access the server on another PC and it takes time to load the page and it shows nothing. it says timed out.

can you help me on this one? I'm stuck already for 3 days.

Thanks in advance
RyanSazon

Re: ViciBox Issues

Postby Staydog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 am

There could be umpteen reasons for this. Try to download the latest version and then use Firefox or Chrome to access the servers.
Staydog

Postby DomeDan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:45 am

* make sure you are trying to access the right ip-address.
run ifconfig on the server to find out what the address is.
* try to ping a gateway or something on the network from the server, or just google dns server 8.8.8.8
* make sure that the apache service is running
run the command "/etc/init.d/apache2 status" (without the quotes) on the server to find out if it is running.
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby Kumba » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:50 pm

There's not enough information in your post to even try to help you.

What version of ViciBox? what install options did you use? Did you do the Phase 1 AND Phase 2 installation? etc
Kumba

Postby Rudolfmdlt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:11 am

HI RyanSazon,

Please post the output of the following commands when you run them on your server (in addition to the information requested by the other posters):

Code: Select all
ifconfig
route -n
iptables -L -n

if you don't have ssh access to the server then I suspect the issue is firewall related and posting the output will be a real pain in the neck. :) Did you configure the firewall correctly/at all?
If this system is not open to the internet and behind a firewall try disabling the firewall completely and then test
Code: Select all
yast firewall

from the device that you are trying to access the vicidial system, please try and ping it and tell us whether you can ping it?

Regards,

Rudolf
Rudolfmdlt

Postby Kumba » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:21 pm

The firewall won't block SSH even by default. It's enabled and open at all stages. You have to specifically disable it. If he ran Phase2 install at all the web and telephony ports would be open regardless.

My money is on an incomplete or otherwise bad install.
Kumba

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo