Remote Agent: Hangup, 3ways transfer, ... etc

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Remote Agent: Hangup, 3ways transfer, ... etc

Postby bghayad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Hello;

vicibox 4.0.3, vicidial 2.8-404a, Build 130605-0841, asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici, Single Machine, Vtiger 5.4

Why I need to use remote agent?
Because, I need the call to be hanged up once the call at the phone disconnected. Also, if the agent pressed on hangup, I need the call to be hanged up at the IP Phone.

If those two features are possible to be obtained in the normal agent, I do not need a remote agent.

But, if I need to use the remote agent, I do not need to loose the functions of agent (dial next, manual dial, transfer, park, three ways transfer, ... etc) and to be in one page. Is it possible?

If I am going to use remote agent, I will have an agent page to be at the desktop? Or it is a poor desktop page that does not have the required above functions?

Really this hangup at the agent and the phone, is causing a very big troubles and it is making things not practical.
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Remote Agent: Hangup, 3ways transfer, ... etc

Postby bghayad » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 pm

How much it cost to fix this in the script? It is major problem.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:30 pm

i'd love to help. but i haven't even figured out if there is a question/problem in there somewhere.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:54 am

It is really very bad to let the agent press on hangup after the call has been disconnected from the phone it self. And if the agent did not press on hangup, then it will be considered as not available and still in the call !! It should be automatically hanged up after the call disconnected.

I disabled call disposition, but also this did not resolve the problem .. Still I have to press on hangup.
Who can help in this?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Using Remote Agent, it is possible to handle automatic campaigns dialing in addition to the inbound calls?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:29 pm

bghayad wrote:Using Remote Agent, it is possible to handle automatic campaigns dialing in addition to the inbound calls?

Regards
Bilal

Yes.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:16 am

I am trying now to login for remote agent, I tried the following:

http://10.149.1.130/vicidial/vdremote.php but it is giving me the message:
This remote agent does not exist: |admin|

I tried also http://10.149.1.130/agc/astguiclient.php and it is opening for me page to enter the credentials for the agent and the phone.

Which page to use? And what is the story of the vdremote.php with the message This remote agent does not exist: |admin|?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:43 pm

OK, it seems that to be able to login for remote agent, I have to logout from the admin page and maybe there is a settings to resolve this.

Why I decided to use remote agent? The answer is: Because of the hangup problem that is existed with the normal agent.
Now there are another problems existed with the remote agent, how I can resolve it:

1) It takes a time (about 30 second) to update the status from active to not active.
2) There is not remote agent interface that is rich like the normal agent interface?
3) I read in the manager manual that there is APIs for the transfer and hangup. Does this means, the only way to do a 3 way transfer and to have automatic hangup is to use those APIs?

Really if the standard agent interface does not have the problem of the hangup .. life is easy !!! By the way, this Hangup API can not be used for the standard agent? No luck to resolve the hangup with the standard interface?

Now, if we resolved the 30 second delay to update the status, we will face another problem that the interface is poor !! And if we are going to use the standard agent interface, then we will face the problem of the hangup !

What is the SOLUTION? Or I use remote agent with good interface (is there a screens that I am missing?) or the standard agent interface to work with automatic hangup. I see this to be a bug !

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo