Help Understand?

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Help Understand?

Postby Aryana » Fri May 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi there. I'm a newbie when it comes to dialers and truth is my boss hasn't been able to help me much. I have read as much as I can but I think I am missing a lot of basic knowledge to make this system work properly.

I downloaded VicidialNOW and installed it to test on a regular computer with a 56k modem. It is connected to another computer via LAN and the connected computer has a modem as well. I do not have VOIP phones, just a regular telephone line and an analog phone. I have no idea though, how to set it up so Vicidial agent can dial out using this line.

The system seems to be correctly installed, I have made a campaign, uploaded leads and the hopper has leads on it. I can login to an agent/phone but the phone does not ring.

Can I get some help?
Aryana

Postby pylinuxian » Fri May 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Dialer without call center ?
pylinuxian

Postby patg » Fri May 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Although there are examples of using a regular modem as a ZAP device this is probably not where you should start as a beginner to asterisk

If you are just getting your feet wet and only have analog lines then you should consider finding a analog telephony card. A common card is the Digium TDM400 or TDM410. These cards can use both fxs and fxo modules onboard to provide connectivity to telco lines and standard telephones. You can mix and match these modules to have say 2 lines - 2 phones, or 1 line - 3 phones.

You can also hook up soft phones to the asterisk install. Under linux kphone and xlite work nicely and windows also has an xlite available for free.

That being said none of this is really going to work for a real Vicidialer application. You can test things out in this environment but Vicidial is meant for larger systems with many agents (phones) and many call paths (phone lines). This type of system will typically be built using PRI trunks allowing for 10s to 100s of calls simultaneously. When you move to PRIs you are going to need additional hardware (say a Digium TE207P) so these can connect directly to your asterisk server.
patg

Postby richo2007 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Aryana,

What you need is a card like this

Read this for an explanation of what this card does.

Be aware that the above mentioned card will allow you to use the phone line to dial, but the Built-in Pass-Thru port will not work as a FXS for the purpose of asterisk. You will need to use a softphone like X-Lite to connect to the PBX.

If you want to read some more before diving into vicidial I recomend you to start with this online book.

Good luck :wink:
richo2007

Postby Aryana » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 pm

I got two dialogic cards for the system, would these work with VicidialNow? I am currently having LAN problems with my installation, but besides that point I'd like to know if these cards will work.
Aryana

Postby s0lid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Aryana wrote:I got two dialogic cards for the system, would these work with VicidialNow? I am currently having LAN problems with my installation, but besides that point I'd like to know if these cards will work.

may we know what model is your dialogic card? im not sure if all dialogic cards would work with asterisk but you can refer to google[1] to find out more. VicidialNOW can work with digital or analog cards like sangoma and digium cards but we haven't tried installing dialogic cards for asterisk.

[1]http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=asterisk+dialogic&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
s0lid

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Dialogic cards only work with ABE(Asterisk Business Edition) and you have to get the drivers from Digium. I also believe that the compatibility is limited to newer Dialogic cards.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial