Wow... really automated

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Wow... really automated

Postby u_gots_2_go » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:52 pm

After giving up a few times on *the longest pause ever* during installation and rebooting my computer, I finally noticed that Anaconda was busily hogging my entire CPU :twisted:, so I decided to let it sit for a while. And viola, something started happening.

When I peeked into my hd partitions, while it was installing a bunch of CentOS packages, I noticed that it happily wiped out my previous Windoze installation without any reservations. I was impressed. :lol:

Everything installed automatically and all I had to do was change the IP address. I really liked that. Thanks guys whoever put this thing together.

A couple of questions:

I am totally new to asterisk and all VOIP stuff, so pardon if my questions sound totally stupid. :oops:

So, how do I go about configuring my new server? Are there some instructions?

I already have a running asterisk server with a small calling center (21 phones). Eventually I would like to move all the settings to my new server. Can I simply copy config files and if so which ones?

Any pointers to get me started would be very much appreciated.

DZ
Last edited by u_gots_2_go on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
u_gots_2_go

Postby ramindia » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi

you can read http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/scr ... stall.html

you can also see in the source directory there are some sample configurations for reference.

mainly some of them you need to look for is

sip.conf
extensions.conf
meetme.conf
manager.conf
logger.conf

you can look at your existing box configs,
and just try to adjust the settings can serve the job.

ram
Kindly post your feedback, if this solution works.
so its very usefull for others who join later as a NEWBIE.
ramindia

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial