Conquered VICIDIALNOW (Installed)

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Conquered VICIDIALNOW (Installed)

Postby harpreet » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:42 am

Hello,

First of all, HATS OFF TO MATT for such a wonderful PD and secondly, a big applause for the VICIDIALNOW team for rolling out an automated setup which saves considerable time. Third, the support forum also seems to be good (unlike gnudialer forum where you only get scolding and suggestions to hire professionals).

My question might be / is repetitive... The install was okay, campaign, agents, phones were created with ease within no time.
Now, my voice minute provider has given me few details which I have to update into sip.conf file.
username : xxxx
password : zzzz
sip proxy / gateway : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Are these details okay/sufficient?? I am using xten softphones...

Second, I checked a previous post in which updating extensions.conf is mentioned. I could not grasp... Can someone provide a bit detailed example for these two files? Hope Im not asking for too much hence co-operation is requested.
What I have gathered is that only these two conf files are needed to be configured correctly after the installation and it will start dialing out automatically...

Last edited by harpreet on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harpreet

Postby Trying » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:50 am

I absolutely second your praises!!
Trying

Postby gardo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Below is an example of how you would configure /etc/asterisk/sip.conf and /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf for your voip provider.

/etc/asterisk/sip.conf:

[Name_of_Carrier]
disallow=all
allow=g729
type=peer
host=ip_address_of_carrier
dtmfmode=rfc2833
qualify=yes

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:

[global]
SIPACCOUNT1=SIP/Name_of_Carrier ; SIP Trunk

[default]
; ### Dial US numbers via Name_of_Carrier
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(${SIPACCOUNT1}/${EXTEN},60,Tto)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

This is just one example of an IP based authentication with the carrier. You can google around for others. :)
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial