GoAutoDial Clustering

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

GoAutoDial Clustering

Postby puccibox73 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:08 am

Hallo,
my company regularly uses Vicidial, both in physical and virtual environments, without problems, since years, we have built for our customers several clusters handling more than 200 agents in outbound predictive dialing without any problem ( we don't fill more than 3/4 calls per second, we have great attention to drop in our country and we have experienced during years that with these values dialers work pretty well, with an average wait time for agents about 20 seconds and not too much stress for our CPUs ).

A new customer has made us a request, they use GoAutodial, and they want us to setup for them a cluster in a public environment for 100/150 agents, made by two physical Servers, each with 64 Cores ( AMD Epic 7502P ), 128 Gb RAM and 2 TB SSD Disk, they are connected in local 10 Gbit LAN, with proxmox (cluster) on it with ZFS, and we will install 3 web servers, 6/7 dialers and 2 DB Servers for master/slave replication all based on last GoAutoDial 4 (except DB maybe for them i will prefer containers to kvm, for better I/O on disks ) .

As we are not new in vicidial clustering, we are in GoAutodial Clustering, with particular attention to Kamailio, that appears to work without any problem in a single server install, but i've not understood how it works with more dialers. And also Carriers Management appears different, is like that only main kamailio server has the carrier on it, and other dialers are only connected for balancing with classical iax connection ( will they work just with their private IP in such configuration? ).

I would probably prefer to make GoAutoDial work like vicidial does, giving to each dialer a public ip address for webrtc, and a carrier, but i don't understand how to manage from the GUI. Will it work if we configure it directly in the database? Using VIcidial is not an option ( unfortunately ) because customer is used to GoAutoDIal and they have built some customization on top of it.

Thanks in Advance
---------------------------
Vicidial From Scratch
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on VM
VERSION: 2.14-708a
BUILD: 190414-0924
puccibox73

Re: GoAutoDial Clustering

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:44 am

The only GoAutoDial multi-server clusters we've seen in the last few years were either already using a custom carrier solution(i.e. central OpenSIPs server) or we were being paid to replace it with a standard VICIdial cluster, so I really can't comment on what works "best". Of the few GoAutoDial systems we have seen recently, they are almost all all-in-one single server setups.

As for Kamailio, it appears to only be used as a SIP proxy and WebRTC gateway, which is probably why we've seen OpenSIPs used in front of a GoAutoDial cluster out in the wild.

I'd suggest also posting this on the GoAutoDial.org forums, Demian actually does appear to respond to things on there, but if he doesn't, there really isn't much other helpful response activity over there,
https://goautodial.org/projects/goautodialce/boards
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby puccibox73 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:06 am

Thanks mr florell,
in this moment everything appears to be functional, i have one main dialer with kamailio and rtp engine, that manages all sip registrations, and the other dialers are in iax trunk ( with their private ip, i've setup a network with both public and private addresses ) as a normal vicidial cluster, and on top of it every dialer has a sip trunk to the main kamailio, what i don't understand is if they need or not public addresses for doing webrtc, but as you noticed there's no single webrtc option in all the servers, just one main webrtc, and also campaigns have setup per carrier, and carriers per single server, so it appears that the main dialer is a sort o proxy/gateway for all the calls , but the most important question is: will it load balance calls as expected ? doing a few calls doesn't involve other dialers, i need to try a stress test, in the meanwhile also write in their boards as you suggested.
Thanks !!!
---------------------------
Vicidial From Scratch
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on VM
VERSION: 2.14-708a
BUILD: 190414-0924
puccibox73

Postby carpenox » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:22 pm

good postback, id be curious to see how this turns out, keep us informed
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial