vicidial webserver cluster

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

vicidial webserver cluster

Postby vijo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:42 am

Hai everyone,

I have vicidial servers (astguclient version 2.14) installed. Which needs to do the cluster configuration.

I have done the clustering of 5 Severs. Which are below.

DB server 1 Server.
Asterisk 2 Server
Webserver 2.

Now I have a domain name like vicidial.com which the agents will access on the agent page and i need to balance the web load into the webserver.

But my webservers are in local address and i have configured the apache load balancer to load web load. My domain name is routed to load balance and from the load balancer, it's redirecting to webserver1 and webserevr2. But while redirecting to its showing local IP address. How I can avoid this?

Is there any vicidial web balancer or any other suggestions.
vijo

Re: vicidial webserver cluster

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:25 am

You seem to have asked a question about an apache load balancer ... on a Vicidial forum. Perhaps you should ask that question on an Apache forum? I would also recommend posting more detail about the load balancer, such as settings and configuration options.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby roger.milligan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:07 pm

Hello Vijo

You are not the first to have this requirement, but please clarify - where are you wanting to see the user's IP address rather than the load balancer's? If it's in the ViciDial logs then that may require a custom change to ViciDial (to look at $_SERVER["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"]), but if you are wanting it in the Apache access_log or similar, you may be able to get it by changing the log format to include mod_remoteip or X-Forwarded-For (will require some research depending your setup).

What load web balancer are you using? - if it's something like HAProxy, there are further settings to explore like "option forwardfor" ( See: http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1 ... forwardfor )

Roger
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger Milligan
Thrive, Cape Town, South Africa.
Mobile: +27 791412325 rogerm(at)thrivedatasolutions(dot)com
roger.milligan

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:47 pm

where are you wanting to see the user's IP address rather than the load balancer's?

His problem is that the system is using the local ip rather than the public IP. Not useful if the agents in question are unable to access on the local subnet.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial