Sending SMS

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Sending SMS

Postby sowmyark » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:59 am

Hi Everyone,

I have connect my dongle with the server. I want to send SMS soon after the call dispose.

Please help me in this. Am new to this.

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600
sowmyark

Re: Sending SMS

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:18 pm

If you installed with Goautodial, you should change "Vicibox X.X" to "Goautodial" and put the goautodial version behind it in your signature! (at the bottom of your post ... it'd editable! you can change it!)

You should also chage the asterisk version to match what is running on your system.

You should also change "no digium ..." to the make/model of whatever dongle you have. And either take out the DG35EC and Core2Quad Q6600 reference or verify you are actually using that motherboard / CPU combination (which I doubt ... unless you bought it from us! LOL).

Sending SMS is not supported by Vicidial at this time. however: Sending email is supported. And the code would probably be customizable for SMS messaging. Caveat: I do not believe that Goautodial's Vicidial Version is recent enough to have email support. So you would most likely need to upgrade to a non-goautodial version of Vicidial to use the email code.

The Vicidial Manager's Manual is available at EFLO.net

Vicibox (another installer for Vicidial! same software but more up-to-date and includes both email and chat) is available at Vicibox.com and has both an .iso installer CD and a PDF for instructions in how to use the installer. When installation is complete, switch to the Vicidial Manager's Manual for how to configure and use the dialer software (ie: Vicidial).

And a description of how your original call was generated and terminated would be good. We could probably build you a Script in Vicidial that would allow sending an SMS after the call ... if we had the information on how your "dongle" would send the email. Does it have an API associated with it?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial