Recovering of Deleted Recordings

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Recovering of Deleted Recordings

Postby Tahir shah » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Dear All,
Can any one tell me how to recover the Deleted Recordings from Goautodial CE 2.0. I deleted some of Recordings from the help of Putty. but I need it now date wise.
Please help me in this regard....
Tahir shah

Re: Recovering of Deleted Recordings

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:37 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Goautodial 2.0 was merely the installer for your Vicidial system. The software you're using is called "Vicidial". You can also install Vicidial with the CD from "Vicibox.com". In fact, I recommend it. :) Onward!

4) In linux, recovering deleted files is possible but very tricky. It also requires that you STOP using the system immdiately (to avoid overwriting said files) and boot from a CD. Then you would use some recovery tools to get those deleted files. None of this is relevant to Vicidial itself, there are plenty of CentOS forums and Linux forums in general that can help you through that process.

5) On the other hand, if you deleted audio files, it is possible that there are Copies that have not yet been deleted.

try this:
Code: Select all
updatedb
locate XXXXXXX

Replace "XXXXXXX" with the phone number from the deleted audio recording. You may find that the ORIG folder or FTP contains copies of the files you deleted. If you're lucky. They may have different extensions (WAV instead of MP3 for instance) which is why I suggest just looking for the phone number portion of the deleted recording.

6) Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial