GoAutoDial Backup

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

GoAutoDial Backup

Postby geoffers1 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:25 am

Hi. I know this subject has been covered in lots of places on this forum and the web, but I'm not an expert with Linux and so far everything has confused me a bit.

What I'm looking for is an idiots guide to backing up the essentials of my goautodial server. What I mean by that is a step by step type this do that kind of thing.

Essentially I want to backup all my data (not bothered about call recordings) to an off site FTP server in the event of a server failure. I'm happy to completely rebuild a new server from scratch, add phones, setup carriers those sorts of things, but then want to restore a backup from my FTP to the new goautodial server and continue from where I left off, i.e all data from lists etc, so that I can continue to run as before the failure.

Can anyone help me please with a type this do that and there you go guide?

Cheers!
Go AutoDial CE 2.1
Version: 2.4-309a
Build: 110430-1642
"I've read the manual" :-)
geoffers1

Re: GoAutoDial Backup

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Code: Select all
## Vicidial Backup - without web files or sounds (change if you modify web files or recordings)
## Leave before midnight in case of "emergency backup" during the day ... don't overwrite LAST backup, make a new one!
45 23 * * *  /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --without-web --without-sounds  >/dev/null  2>&1
#options: --db-only --db-without-logs --without-web --conf-only --without-db --without-conf --without-web --without-sounds 
#         --without-voicemail --without-crontab --ftp-transfer --debugX --debug --test

If you put that in your crontab -e ... you should be good to go. To check, of course, execute this:
Code: Select all
/usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --without-web --without-sounds --debugX
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial