Move Lists, Campaigns, Logs from one server to another

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Move Lists, Campaigns, Logs from one server to another

Postby BobP » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 am

Hi,

I have an old ViciDial server that was using POTS. I have moved to a new server using a Flowroute.

Both were installed using the same version of GoAutoDial CE 2.1.

I SHOULD have backed up the old config, then restored to the new box and made changes. I didn't. Now that the new config has been up a couple of months and has been tweaked, I'd like to move just the lists, campaigns, and the call logs to the new server. It looks like these are in separate tables in the Asterisk db. I'm fairly familiar with phpMyAdmin as well as the MySQL management console.

Is there a safe way to move these tables? Which tables should I move?

Also, I have a 3rd backup server that I can (and will) use as a test server. I am willing to poke on my own and try to figure this out, but an expert opinion to help would be very much appreciated.

-bob-
BobP

Re: Move Lists, Campaigns, Logs from one server to another

Postby williamconley » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 pm

vicidial_list
vicidial_lists
vicidial_campaigns
and any "_log" and/or "_log_archive" files you think you'll need/want.

IF the versions of Vicidial are identical (all the way down to the build # or SVN if you are using an SVN version)

If they are not identical, you'll want to run the upgrade sql script on the DB before your mysqldump and reload to the new server.

Oh: Seriously consider switching to Vicibox and the Latest SVN. It has cool new toys. LOL (put it in a VMware box and play with it to see what I mean).

The new phpMyAdmin even does server load charting. :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby BobP » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Thanks. Will put "Upgrade to Vicibox" on my (prioritized) to-do list. Much appreciated.
BobP

Postby BobP » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Worked great. I did have to move the _lead_filters and _statuses, as well as emptying the tables before the import. But start to finish about 30 mins with a test on the other box first.

What kind of time am I looking at to upgrade / install Vicibox? Will a backup / restore / upgrade script work with the existing data?
BobP

Postby Alex » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Hello,
Is it possible to copy few selected lists & campaigns along with data/updated statuses of leads from one VICIBox SVN Version 2.14-661a to new VICIBox 8 SVN version 2.14-678a without having to to drop the table on new server?
Or do I need to upgrade to same SVN version that of new server before exporting.
I'm using phpMyAdmin-4.8.1-english for exporting the table.
While importing on new server it says, table already exists, due to which I need to drop the table before importing. But it doesn't work as the data is not imported even for campaign.

So please let me know if we can update the existing table on new server with the data of few selected lists, list & campaign from old VICIbox server?
Is there any alternate way to achieve the above mentioned requirement?
Alex

Postby williamconley » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Alex wrote:Hello,
Is it possible to copy few selected lists & campaigns along with data/updated statuses of leads from one VICIBox SVN Version 2.14-661a to new VICIBox 8 SVN version 2.14-678a without having to to drop the table on new server?
Or do I need to upgrade to same SVN version that of new server before exporting.
I'm using phpMyAdmin-4.8.1-english for exporting the table.
While importing on new server it says, table already exists, due to which I need to drop the table before importing. But it doesn't work as the data is not imported even for campaign.

So please let me know if we can update the existing table on new server with the data of few selected lists, list & campaign from old VICIbox server?
Is there any alternate way to achieve the above mentioned requirement?

There is no need to drop the table before import. There are options to omit the DROP / CREATE commands from the export. phpMyAdmin should have options for this, but if for some reason yours does not or you can't find it, do the mysqldump directly from the CLI and refer to online help for mysqldump to omit those directives.

You do need to be sure none of your primary keys are violated. EG: Campaign ID, List ID or Lead ID already exists?

You can likely look at the table structure to see if they are identical between the two versions. Fields are added at the end of the structure, so if the last field is the same in both, you're probably good to go (unless you're customized ... then all bets are off)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Alex » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks for your support William. I shall check this & revert back to you if there is any concerns regarding the same.
Alex

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial