GoAutoDial Configured with Google Voice

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

GoAutoDial Configured with Google Voice

Postby bryanwil » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 am

Alright, I've been searching for a dialer product for several months now that offers free software and Google Voice integration. Aside from the lack of VOIP charges with Google Voice. it also allows me to better manage incoming calls with my current setup. Now, I have downloaded GoAutoDial and have it setup in VirtualBox, but how do I configure it to use my Google Voice credentials for outgoing calls? I know that this can be done somehow 1) I've found several threads on other sites that offer instructions on how to configure Asterisk for Google Voice and 2) I just got off the phone with a company who will set me up with an inhouse PBX box with Vicidial and Google Voice integration for $200. Not a bad price, but the reason for seeking a more economic method is that I haven't totally decided how much of my business will result from the dialer.

Has anybody out there worked with Google Voice integration in the past? I did glance through past threads on this site, but was not able to come up with anything right away. Any assistance is would be greatly appreciated.
bryanwil

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Not related to Vicidial at all. Purely Asterisk. You will likely find more answers on an Asterisk forum ... and AFTER you have successfully installed (whatever it may be) so it can be used from within asterisk ... it can be used within Vicidial as well.

Do NOT consider using your virtualbox vicidial in production for more than ONE agent with 3 or 4 lines. It will fall apart (become unstable, calls routed incorrectly, etc). Excellent for "testing", but NOT for production.

Also investigate BlueBox (FreeSwitch) which theoretically has some GoogleVoice drivers in it already. Before you ask: Yes you can route Vicidial Calls through the BlueBox if you get GoogleVoice working. It's about VOLUME of calls at that point. (Will googlevoice let you call 500 channels at once? LOL).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bryanwil » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Ok, I have a version of BlueBox up and running. Any recommendations, or links to documentation on how to get Vicidial to place all calls through it?
bryanwil

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 pm

have you gotten bluebox to call through google voice yet?

bluebox speaks sip. provision a sip extension in bluebox. provision that same one as a sip TRUNK in vicidial.
williamconley

Postby DhwaniTechnologies » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:20 am

There are several people who have implemented integration of Asterisk with Google Voice successfully. I have never tried that myself, so not sure about the details.

I have read somewhere that you can have only 1 active call on Google Voice, so I really don't see the point of using the same in a dialer or even a PBX, unless you are an individual or small company with limited calling requirements.

I am sure achieve the integration yourself if you are good at Asterisk. Try looking up the http://nerdvittles.com website for some incredible documentation on several topics including integration with Google Voice.
Vicidial, Goautodial, OSdial Consulting | Hosted Solutions
Dhwani Technologies | info@dhwanitech.com | Skype: dhwanitech
DhwaniTechnologies

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:51 pm

actually, i could see using google voice to connect to your AGENT and recover some bandwidth in a local office. for instance: if you have managed to rent a space that has NO viable bandwidth (dsl? 512k max?) and yet you have several Unlimited Trunks. You set up a Google voice account for each agent and call their landline with the google voice account for free.

not a great solutions, but at least you won't be paying for an 8 hour phone call for each agent on each shift. short term it could work :)

also if you are a true small user and will only be using one or two lines, but using them all day long for a slow campaign (notification for a church group?) and really just do not want to spend ANY money ...
williamconley

Re:

Postby carsonrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:25 am

DhwaniTechnologies wrote:There are several people who have implemented integration of Asterisk with Google Voice successfully. I have never tried that myself, so not sure about the details.

I have read somewhere that you can have only 1 active call on Google Voice, so I really don't see the point of using the same in a dialer or even a PBX, unless you are an individual or small company with limited calling requirements.

I am sure achieve the integration yourself if you are good at Asterisk. Try looking up the http://nerdvittles.com website for some incredible documentation on several topics including integration with Google Voice.

Not to dig up an old post.. But this works beautifully! I was able to get 8 agents going with multiple gvoice trunks routed through pbxinaflash with 6 google voice trunks.. Its crude, definately not "best practice" by any stretch of the imagination.. But for those looking to start up a sales crew on the CHEAP.. It DOES work.. Decent call quality, not bad at all..

Heres the kicker thats going to get my head bashed in by everyone ... ITS ALL IN A VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT! Ive read you cant depend on it, all that.. I get it, but it WORKS!

Virtual Cluster of ViciDial.. physical server for mysql (local install on the host), virtual PIAF.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.iso
VERSION: 4.0.3
BUILD: Not sure because I havent installed all the way yet
Single Server
No Extra Software After Installation
I have purchased and read the manual, TWICE
carsonrose

Re: Re:

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:41 am

carsonrose wrote:
DhwaniTechnologies wrote:There are several people who have implemented integration of Asterisk with Google Voice successfully. I have never tried that myself, so not sure about the details.

Not to dig up an old post.. But this works beautifully! I was able to get 8 agents going with multiple gvoice trunks routed through pbxinaflash with 6 google voice trunks.. Its crude, definately not "best practice" by any stretch of the imagination.. But for those looking to start up a sales crew on the CHEAP.. It DOES work.. Decent call quality, not bad at all..

Heres the kicker thats going to get my head bashed in by everyone ... ITS ALL IN A VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT! Ive read you cant depend on it, all that.. I get it, but it WORKS!

Virtual Cluster of ViciDial.. physical server for mysql (local install on the host), virtual PIAF.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For six lines? Manual dialing? You're basically using FreePBX. Excellent for "tiny shop", but when you grow be prepared to re-think virtual. :)

Do you also have inbound working? What about rollover? And busy lines (since gVoice likely only allows one at a time ...)
williamconley

Re: GoAutoDial Configured with Google Voice

Postby carsonrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:47 am

Yes Bill, its very crude... Ive noticed that I can clone a virtual machine as needed and use it as a separate dialer. This virtual dialer is able to handle about 3 reps (remote or local) per dialer before calls go to crap. There is about a minute or so delay between calls, as yes gvoice DOES have its limitations.. Such as single channels, etc.. Inbound Ive not tested other than routing it though PIAF, to inbound group in vicidial, seems to work ok, but again- Ive not tested a large volume of calls through it.
I will also point out that your host MUST have good resources. Mine is a quad core with 28 gigs of RAM. Each virtual machine gets 4 gigs.
ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.iso
Single Server
carsonrose

Postby carsonrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:48 am

Yes.. I would agree for a "real" call center, this is NOT going to be a viable option. However, for the zero budget guys with a need to make sales calls... It works beautifully...
ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.iso
Single Server
carsonrose

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:57 am

I wouldn't say it's Limited to zero budget, though. I have clients with over 100 agents that started with 3 agents (in a garage ... in his girlfriend's house ... in one case).

Perhaps "small and frugal" :)
williamconley

Postby carsonrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:10 pm

williamconley wrote:I wouldn't say it's Limited to zero budget, though. I have clients with over 100 agents that started with 3 agents (in a garage ... in his girlfriend's house ... in one case).

Perhaps "small and frugal" :)

Yes, agreed...
ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.iso
Single Server
carsonrose

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Now install SugarCRM, Redmine, WikiMedia, TimeTrex, FileSender and Moodle. Hop to it, man.
williamconley

Postby carsonrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 pm

williamconley wrote:Now install SugarCRM, Redmine, WikiMedia, TimeTrex, FileSender and Moodle. Hop to it, man.

DEFINITELY not in a virtual environment.. It could be done.. But jeez.. Not sure why I'd want to attempt that in a virtual environment.. :D
ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.iso
Single Server
carsonrose

Postby carsonrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:25 pm

williamconley wrote:Now install SugarCRM, Redmine, WikiMedia, TimeTrex, FileSender and Moodle. Hop to it, man.

however, pbxinaflash DOES come with Sugar as a bundled package... activated during install..
ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.iso
Single Server
carsonrose

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 pm

The average enterprise doesn't really have heavy usage of any of those simultaneously. The beauty of Virtualization: one physical server, lots of virtual ... sharing resources. Until one of them gets too much use, then you move it to hardware (using your already-in-place backup/restore system from the virtual system that I'm sure you have).
williamconley

Postby carsonrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Yes, good to know..ill test it out in our lab...nice pointer!
ViciBox.x86_64-4.0.3.iso
Single Server
carsonrose

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial