Cyrillic encoding (unicode) support in GoAutoDial?

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Cyrillic encoding (unicode) support in GoAutoDial?

Postby kchabanov » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:42 am

Hello,

After installing/setting up GoAutoDial, I've faced with an issue that it does not support cyriliic encoding.

When I load the input file (leads) whith cyrillic symbols or try to input the cyrillic data from an agent window - I see either the '?????' or the '?’?????‚????????' symbols.

I've search around the web and found a lot of really old topics (dated by 2006 or 2008 year) where people face with the same issues, but didn't find the answer.

I've checked the 'NON-LATIN' parameter in the settings, but it didn't help. Also, some people say that you need to use 'utf8' charset when creating DB. Though my DB was created automatically, when I installed goautodial, but I have manually re-created it and set the charset to 'utf8'. Also didn't help.

I'm sure I'm not the only user who have faced with such issue and this issue should have been fixed since 2006 or 2008, but can't find the way to fix it for me.

Could you please help me to deal with this issue and tell me what is the correct way to use cyrillic data in GoAutoDial?
I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks
kchabanov

Re: Cyrillic encoding (unicode) support in GoAutoDial?

Postby kchabanov » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:04 pm

The question is still open! Any help would be highly appreciated.
kchabanov

Postby kchabanov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:13 am

Thanks for a useless advice, liseely.

And the question is still open.
kchabanov

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:51 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Please note that "Goautodial" is just the Installer -> Vicidial is the actual software you are using. This question may be best asked in the Vicidial board instead of the "installer" board for Goautodial. The goautodial board is great for OS related questions and "wizard" questions (as the goautodial installer in later versions has some cool wizards to help you along ...), but it does not change the actual dialer functions or db functions.

Guessing that you would agree, I will move this question to the Support board for Vicidial.

4) You may get more direct responses if you specify a language (or two? three?) that requires your special characters.

5) Perhaps even post a few words in that language stating the same question ... so someone with experience in it could actually bump into it through google ... long shot, but possible!

6) Character encoding AND filtering are both involved. The code of vicidial can strip out a large number of special characters plus the storing to and retrieving from the DB all come into play. We've argued with this for a few clients, but never in Cyrillic (AFAIK).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial