::) Make VICIDIAL look pretty

This is the forum used by people to post job openings or requests for quotes or consultations

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

::) Make VICIDIAL look pretty

Postby imhappening » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi we are looking for someone that can rebrand VICI DIAL and put our own private label brand name on the front end dont want any changes done to the source code except front end gui level only no user should be able to see that this is vici dial software not even the admin

We are wanting to private label VICDIAL only at the front end GUI LEVEL immediately please tell us the time frame and cost.
imhappening

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 am

You realize that if a consultant does this for you, you still have to release the altered source code as AGPLv2. And yes, removing all references to ViciDial will be altering the source code.
mflorell
Site Admin

yes i will release the source code

Postby imhappening » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Once I release the source code is it legal to sell it as a commerical or per user license bundled with other software ? just trying to get the facts clear
imhappening

Postby mflorell » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:39 pm

You need to maintain the source code as open every time you release it or deliver it to a client, and you cannot sell altered source code unless you have the permission of the copyright holder, which is me.
mflorell
Site Admin

I am ok to maintian the code open source

Postby imhappening » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:54 pm

I am ok to maintian the code open source do i have to register this somewhere else to show that i am compliant and also can i sell this service as a subscription based to my clients ?
imhappening

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 pm

There is no registrar of Open-Source complaince.

As for offering ViciDial as a service, if you choose to use version 2.0.5 or later, those are licensed under the AGPLv2, so even offering the service will be subject to a source code download.
mflorell
Site Admin

I am sorry what is license AGPLv2

Postby imhappening » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:16 am

I am sorry what is license AGPLv2 what do i have to do to sell this vicidial as a service cani have vicdial on my servewr and charge people monthly fees per user per
imhappening

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:28 am

Yes, you can charge people to use it as a service on your hardware, but you still must make the source code download available.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Jobs - Requests for Consultation