Looking for someone to install Vicidial

This is the forum used by people to post job openings or requests for quotes or consultations

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Looking for someone to install Vicidial

Postby cj911 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi,
I am using Vicidial as a paid subscriber to another company. I am looking to get Vicidail operational myself and hence would need someone to install it for me.
I am not overly techinially minded but can make whatever arrangements are required for a sucessfull install.
Id be greatful if someone could answer the following questions:
Can I have the install carried out on a hosts server that agents can login remotely? If so what would be the minium spec. Id need the server to conform to?
If install has to be on my own equipment, what software including the operating system would I need to install on the machine prior to install and will this work half decent spec new PC?
What price to install?
As you see from my questions I'm a bit lost as to where to start but if I can get some clear direction I can have a techi arrange the prep work but would prefer someone experienced with Vdial to perform the install and ensure its opertional.
Thanks in advance of any replies
cj911

Postby okli » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Have you looked at VICIbox server?
http://www.vicibox.com/server/index.html

Pretty detailed step-by-step walk through:
http://www.vicibox.com/server/walkthrough.html

It's all-in-one CD, Ubuntu server edition with installation of all necessary packages, including Vicidial.

Alternative is VicidialNOW, which is based on modified CentOS, includes everything necessary as well.

I'd personally opt for VICIbox as I am more familiar with Debian based OS, plus the fact it comes from Vicidial creators.
Can I have the install carried out on a hosts server that agents can login remotely?
As long as it's not virtual machine and you have root access to it and public IP- yes.

If so what would be the minium spec
Depends on how many agents you plan on using, what dial ratio, what codec, full/partial recording etc. etc. Look at support subforum, there are tens of similar topics, at least to know what information you need to provide, if cannot find similar to your requirements already answered.
okli

Install VICIDIALNOW LIVE CD

Postby vikaskumar2020 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:14 am

Hi,

As installation of vicidial is now very easy using vicidialnow live cd. If further database level customization, webserver level customization that we can do.

Vikas Kumar
vikaskumar2020

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Be careful with a "hosted" solution as you will lose your investment completely if you lose your hosting. Purchase your own box for security unless you are sure you will be using a permanent host.

We offer remote installation and installation on YOUR hardware (have a p4 laying around?) and we sell servers (starting at Core2Quad) and install on it before shipping it to you or your colocation facility. We also work with some colocation facilities in the Orlando area (and I am presently hosting some boxes for clients who just didn't want to deal with it myself, especially that multi-year contract part).

How much use/how many agents/how many calls ...

How do you intend to use this box? This will greatly determine your available options for an installation. I charge for consultation, but that first phone call is free. :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Jobs - Requests for Consultation