Auto Broadcast Survey - Ring Detect/Number validation

This is the forum used by people to post job openings or requests for quotes or consultations

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Auto Broadcast Survey - Ring Detect/Number validation

Postby travian.ck » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:55 am

Dear Consultants,

We require a customized dialplan/ or script as described below:

Purpose:
We have a list of subscribed customers that keeps changing,
periodically, we need to check whether the phone number they provide are active* or inactive**.
Volume: say, 5-10k numbers
active*: Phone Number defined as active is the phone rings (includes No Answer, Busy, Waiting, Voicemail etc).
inactive**: Phone Number defined as inactive, in case phone switched off, disconnected, invalid.

Current Implementation:
We use vicidial survey campaign that is based on a fixed timeout in the dialplan but its not accurate. We require that the call dialed be disconnected as soon as a ring is detected (generally around 6-8 secs b4 voicemail,if present, kicks in), this way we save on VOIP cost. Customers are in middle east countries and a minute costs around USD 0.1 (phew!!!)

KEY: If you can provide a ring detection (180 SIP repsonse) or some code in there that resolves the issue, it'd be great.

Reporting: The current vici reporting is fine enough, where we have the timestamp, number, and "status" of each call.

Other: Our voip routes do provide inband tones, as in you can hear caller tunes set by numbers etc so we generally dont use the false ringback tone.
Just incase it helps.

Alternate suggestons are welcome.

Please PM or quote your charges as applicable.

Thank you.
travian.ck

Postby williamconley » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:56 pm

1) What you are suggesting is not entirely ethical and may be a violation of law in many jurisdictions. I'm not your lawyer, however, just a technician so I'll leave that between you and your lawer(s).

2) You will need to validate with your provider the ability to reliably resolve the return codes to mean "valid" vs "not valid" before an actual answer or busy signal is received. Considering that may providers have multiple "upline" paths, these codes may differ from call to call and not be entirely reliable unless the call is actually answered.

3) If your provider(s) catch you doing this, of course, you may be terminated ... do not do this on a line that has other required services (such as an inbound DID or TFN).

4) All that being said: Why don't you set your dial timeout to 5 seconds and just let vicidial do its thing? (because some will be false negatives ... but that's not a "solveable" situation unless you can get some form of committment regarding consistency from your provider).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby travian.ck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:27 am

Thanks William for being there always.

For the first 3 statements, they are solicited calls so its well covered.

With point # 4,
there are somethings that arent clear or SIP documentaton and its implementation vary a little as you mentioned regarding the response codes.

With Vici, a number that "Rings - but not answered", "Switched Off", "Disconnected/invalid" = NA = NO ANSWER AUTODIAL

2ndly, timeout i believe is absolute timeout that refers to TIMEOUT,
as in the asterisk Dial(context, TIMEOUT, PARAM)
and there is another useful param S(x) which specifies the duration of the conversation, however, i set it to 10 secs to test but that doesnt seem to work. im not sure it happens because the played file is of a longer duration.
"CLI output showed call duration set to 10 secs" ie, call should disconect in 10 secs AFTER being picked up.
i used Ttogi params alongwith it.
i think Tt might not be required here but just left them.
used g to make sure call hungup, making the extension HANGUP() to execute after it.

With the 5 secs timeout in the campaign all the responses would be NO ANSWER AUTO as no one would have picked because we need to distinguish between active and inactive and somehow asterisk docs didnt have much
DIALSTATUS
interestingly, version 1.8 has HANGUPCAUSE but vici is 1.4 so that wouldnt work.

JOB request is still up for grabs :)
travian.ck

Postby omarrodriguezt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:33 am

Hello,
Let me know the budget that is assigned to these requests. It will be interesting get it done :)

I already have implemented the part that detect if a phone number is disconnected or not in service. In order to complete your request the I only need to program the piece of code that will hang-up the call if rings.

"KEY: If you can provide a ring detection (180 SIP repsonse) or some code in there that resolves the issue, it'd be great. "
http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Return to Jobs - Requests for Consultation