Need local vicidial bridge in the UK

This is the forum used by people to post job openings or requests for quotes or consultations

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Need local vicidial bridge in the UK

Postby hcobb » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Our overseas vicidial servers are having latency problems with three way calls, two of the three parties being in the UK.

So it looks like we need either a UK hosted vicidial server or a UK based voice bridge that is reasonable and vicidial friendly.
hcobb

Postby boybawang » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:58 pm

pm me, i can refer you to a client of mine that owns a big hosting company in the UK.
Vicidial Installation + Configuration + Support + Custom Development
Download my ebook on installing vicidial for free http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf
m: +639172063730
boybawang

Postby williamconley » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:14 am

or perhaps you need a CARRIER that is based closer to YOU who has low latency to the UK? (Many will allow you to test latency before signing up)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hcobb » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 pm

williamconley wrote:or perhaps you need a CARRIER that is based closer to YOU who has low latency to the UK? (Many will allow you to test latency before signing up)
No, let me explain.

Current setup:
India <=> American VOIP provider <=> First UK party
Bridged in India to
India <=> American VOIP provider <=> Second UK party

So the round trip between the two parties in the UK goes around the world a few times.

What we'd like to see is
India <=> UK server
bridged to
UK server <=> First UK party
bridged to
UK server <=> Second UK party

So the echo cancellation and latency between the UK parties and for the conversation as a whole is minimal.
hcobb

Postby williamconley » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:54 pm

My point: if your SERVER is in the UK, but your CARRIER is not, the call goes to the server and back to the carrier and back to the uk. Nothing good can come of this. :)

You need a carrier closer to YOU or a carrier closer to the UK, moving the server to the UK does not connect anything with the uk, but does pass a signal through it.

it's like driving through a town on a superhighway, but finding out there's no EXIT in that town.

you don't need to colo in the uk to use a uk carrier.

your best bets: a carrier that handle UK traffic with an IP address near to YOU for low latency OR a carrier IN the UK that handles UK traffic.

if you GET a UK carrier with an IP in the UK, THEN setting up a server in a colo in the UK would be cool because the UK calls would both be local, which would make bridging their calls very low latency.

but that is entire dependent upon having a UK carrier (otherwise the call will still have to travel to the carrier to enter the world of traditional telecommunications)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Jobs - Requests for Consultation