Need Quote for complete server setup!

This is the forum used by people to post job openings or requests for quotes or consultations

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Need Quote for complete server setup!

Postby avishenkar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi,
I need a quote from an experienced individual or company for a complete server setup including:

Asterisk
Vicidial
FreePBX

I have the server and can allow for remote setup. Please contact me with quote. Time frame is ASAP.

Thanks!
Avi
avishenkar

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:20 am

ASAP isn't a timeframe, it's an acronym that can mean completely different things to different people.

when do you need this system online? We have pricing for TOMORROW BY NOON! as well as Monday Morning, End of Next Week, and "I only have $250, when can I get it?"

If you were to share that timeframe information, I would be willing to bet you would get even more responses that you could USE. :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby avishenkar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 am

Since ASAP means As Soon As Possible and it's not a life or death situation, I would like to see quotes for As Soon As It Can Be Done.

I am not looking to pay extra for next day delivery, so if your usual timeframe is one week and the cost is $X or someone else can do it in 2 weeks and the cost is $Y, I will consider both quotes.
avishenkar

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Excellent. Thanks.

One more thing before I stop annoying you:

Are you sure you want FreePBX in the same box as Vicidial?

In MOST cases, the intention is to "grow". This results in "clustering" the Vicidial system. This clustering occurs when the CPU of the Vicidial box maxes out and becomes "unstable", resulting in the need for another CPU.

If you have FreePBX in the system this causes two problems: 1) the CPU will fill up MUCH faster (as FreePBX has a lot of "Peak" overhead, it spikes the CPU frequently, which can seriously annoy vicidial waaaay sooner than you would think the box is "full) 2) when you "cluster" ... what do you do with FreePBX? leave it on the "Master" Vicidial? (with that "spiking" going on?) move it to a sep box? make the box it was on a "slave" (to avoid those spikes on the controlling server)?

On the other hand, if you simply put FreePBX on another (P4?) box and let it spike itself silly. It doesn't really mess with FreePBX to spike, as 90% of it's functions are "just checking stuff" and it recovers quite well with no need of Hi-Res timing which vicidial relies on. FreePBX handles everything "linearly". So if there's a spike, and a process must wait ... it just does. In Vicidial, many processes are handed off to a 'pipeline' of one sort or another, and timing is essential for it to "WORK OUT" when the command is finally executed, often by another cpu, usually by a completely different process.

Just making sure you have considered that a small expense of putting FreePBX on a sep box could save you paying for integration (as long as you avoid TrixBox, FreePBX and Vicidial seem to like each other IF in sep boxes).

Under those circumstances, you could install Vicibox yourself, possibly install FreePBX yourself, and pay a paltry sum if you need assistance causing one to call the other for specific users.

Do not think that having them in the same box makes this process Easier. It does not. It requires integration instead of mere interaction (All SIP systems can interact, with SIP rules helping this process ... but if they reside in the same box, often the rules for the software itself will interfere with each other).

:)

But there are several solutions and methods available to put Vicidial and FreePBX in the same box. If that is what you need to have.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby avishenkar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 pm

I would definitely consider two seperate boxes, I'm honestly looking for the most optimized and beneficial solution. I'm not a big fan of either FreePBX or vicidial, but given the savings of using both, I have no choice.

If the best way is seperate boxes, than that's what will be done, just need the guidance and experience. I previously had a server running both with over 70 extensions on a 3 to 1 dialing ratio, we had our issues here and there, but ultimately the job got done.
avishenkar

Postby boybawang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 am

can do it for 200$ all in, multi server setup, can do it asap, all done in less than 2 hours
Vicidial Installation + Configuration + Support + Custom Development
Download my ebook on installing vicidial for free http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf
m: +639172063730
boybawang

Return to Jobs - Requests for Consultation