Suggestion for ADAPT_hard_limit mode dialing

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Suggestion for ADAPT_hard_limit mode dialing

Postby aster1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:02 pm

I have noticed many times that when dialer is working in ADAPT_HARD_LIMIT mode and drop percent is reached, it quickly reduces the dial level to 1.0 . I know this dial level fluctuation speed can be reduced by changing ADAPT intensity modifier . Can we have a new field where we can set minimum dial level for ADAPT_HARD_LIMIT mode like even if drop percent is reached, vicidial should still honour that dial level instead of dropping to 1.0 .
aster1

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:32 pm

Interesting idea, could you post an issue to the tracker about this?

Have you tried ADAPT_TAPERED?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby aster1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:05 pm

I haven't tried ADAPT_tapered yet since dial times are sometimes not fixed for us . ADAPT_AVERAGE sounds less aggressive , i will try that later . I will post this on tracker now , it might be good to have a minimum field which can apply to all ADAPT modes and is optional since using it basically makes other modes behave differently . The adapt override field next to dial level can then be incorporated with this new field as this will do the same thing . I check the adapt override box and vicidial changes the dial level properly but in very short duration it changes dial level again as decided by ADAPT dial mode and drop %'s .
aster1

Return to Features