Feature request: Create a new user/campaign/phone based on..

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Feature request: Create a new user/campaign/phone based on..

Postby kchung » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:32 am

When in our various admin pages, it'd be nice to be able to create new users, campaigns or phones based on template objects.

I tend tend to create many of the same things over and over again, such as new users, new phones for the new users, or new campaigns and they are very similar to existing objects.

Here's an example idea for user account templates:

When you're in the "Add New User" screen, have a dropdown box labeled "Based on:", which contains the following selections: New Template, New Unique and names of existing templates.

To create a new template, select New Template. When you submit, it creates a new user template. The the name field would be the template name and password field would be ignored. Continue to edit the user template and save changes

When you create additional new users, fill out name, pass, phone, phonepass. If you want to create a user based on a existing template, select the template name in the "Based on:" dropbox and choose next. For new unique user, just select "New Unique".

Users List would be changed as well. After listing all the users, there would be a secton labeled "Template Listing:" which lists all the template users in the system, laid out just like the Users Listing above.

When you modify a user, have a "Copy Settings From: "dropdown box after Phone Pass, which contains a list of the templates would reset user settings based on the template.

Now, apply these concepts to creating new campaigns and phones!
kchung

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:19 am

This sounds like a good idea.

Would the templates be something that exist in something like an XML file or in a new set of database tables?

Can you post this to the tracker as a feature request?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:14 am

I think an entry in the user/campaign/phone table that's marked as a template is fine. We're used to messing w/ a db anyway, why go xml? It'll make things easier to code too, as you're just copying that record except for the login info.
kchung

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:25 pm

OK that sounds like it would work, I'll try to play around with that after I have finished the agent-only and dialing-only feature for servers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:36 pm

Feature request has been added to mantis: http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=30
kchung

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Thanks. I am think about merging the astguiclient and vicidial admin.php pages together and this would be easier to implement once those two are put together.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:32 pm

Just saw that you noticed someone making a duplicate feature request for this. Any idea when we'll have this implemented?
kchung

Postby mflorell » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Noone has posted a patch and it's not a high priority.

I'm pretty busy at the moment working on client-requested features.

This shouldn't be that difficult, just time-comsuming.

If I get time I'll try to at least get the User-template done for 2.0.3
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features