IVR Features on live call

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

IVR Features on live call

Postby priya » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:04 pm

Hi,

We are using scratch install based asterisk server. We have one new requirement. While our agent calling manually to the client end in-between these calls if client need some card information our agent will transfer the call to an IVR to listen the card details using DTMF option. Once end of the IVR session client call will connect to the same agent again. Agent will be on hold while client in the IVR session.
Details:
asterisk-13.29.2
libpri-1.6.0
dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.2+2.10.2

Thank you
priya

Re: IVR Features on live call

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:42 am

That is what the campaign "Park IVR" features were created for.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby priya » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Thank mflorell. Our agent not use Vicidial to make calls. We make calls' through IP Phones only.
priya

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:34 pm

priya wrote:Thank mflorell. Our agent not use Vicidial to make calls. We make calls' through IP Phones only.

While my first reflex is to say "this is a VICIDIAL forum, we help with VICIDIAL-related requests", I will first preface this with the fact that the Vicidial AGI scripts can be used outside Vicidial.

That may require gathering a lot more skills than you would need if you just install Vicidial in the first place. If you've already installed Vicidial but want agents to make calls outside Vicidial while on a Vicidial server, then you have created a problem for yourself. Your agents should NEVER call outside Vicidial. You lose all tracking and history on leads when agents call outside the Vicidial web/phone interface. Kinda like pulling a truck down the street with a donkey.

But it can be done. You just have to alter the coding in the script(s) to match your situation. Easier to use Vicidial, IMHO.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby priya » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:39 am

Thanks William.....
priya

Postby hzia786 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:59 am

Priya - I have also created here some inbound IVR configuration, If you need you can go and check here
How to – Create an IVR for inbound calls in Vicidial
https://seoxoom.com/create-an-ivr-for-i ... -vicidial/
hzia786

Return to Features